Thread: Problem with Metasploit Postgresql and DB_autopwn (Dosent record nmap results)

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Problem with Metasploit Postgresql and DB_autopwn (Dosent record nmap results)

So ive been having trouble running metasploit with postgresql as the database.

Ill walk you through the steps i have done making it easier for you to see if there is some mistake I have done in order for it to not work properly.

I installed a fresh copy of backtrack 5 gnome 32-bit.

Ive updated and upgraded all packages

Then i installed postgresql-8.4 and started the database server and got an OK that its up and running.

Next step i did was "-su postgres -c psql" in order to change the password, so ive changed the password to hello123.

I now open metasploit and connect to the database typing "db_connect postgres:hello123@127.0.0.1:5432/test"

It sets up different values and strings for the new database and everything seem to work just fine

Next step im scanning my other computer useing db_nmap 192.168.1.xx performing a few different scanns.

When im as the final step useing db_autopwn it wont open any session and when i type "db_hosts" or "db_services" its not displaying any information at all from what i retrived with the scanns so the obvious problem is that nmap dosent store the output in my database, i have had this problem for a few weeks now and i just cant seem to fix it, if anyone have found a problem in any of the steps i have performed please make a post and explain or if you have a solution for this error

Appreciating any help!

//zeilox

Default Re: Problem with Metasploit Postgresql and DB_autopwn (Dosent record nmap results)

Metasploit comes with it's own postgresql server, no need for you to install a new one.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Problem with Metasploit Postgresql and DB_autopwn (Dosent record nmap results)

Well when i installed bt5 the version of postgres was 8.3 so i just did a apt-get install postgresql-8.4 and in the msfconsole it says i can connect to the database but its not storeing any of the scanns, so ur meaning the way to solve this is to reinstall bt5 and just not get the 8.4 version?

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

As an aside, db_autopwn was deprecated in Metasploit around v 4.0.0, and removed entirely by v 4.2.0
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...

Just burned his ISO

So regarding db_autopwn, is everything now manually done or is it possible to implement it back into msf 4.2? ive been trying to figure out why i was getting "unknown command: db_autopwn"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeilox View Post
    Well when i installed bt5 the version of postgres was 8.3 so i just did a apt-get install postgresql-8.4 and in the msfconsole it says i can connect to the database but its not storeing any of the scanns, so ur meaning the way to solve this is to reinstall bt5 and just not get the 8.4 version?
    I said metasploit comes with it's own built in postgresql server, you don't need to install / configure anything.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

You could probably simulate db_autopwn functionality by scripting exploits with msfcli. I never used db_autopwn much, but it always felt a bit unreliable (i.e. crashed itself, or reported getting a session where it really didn't). For the final word on db_autopwn (or anything Metasploit, for that matter), you should check out the Metasploit mailing list.
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...