Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BT on USB-Stick like a "REAL"-Version and NOT like a "LiveCD"? HowTo save my configs

linuxbeast

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    How is it impossible. If I boot the live cd and I mount the usb partition after instalation, I have a bash shell in both areas with which to chroot. Not only that but if I had a hard drive install I could chroot to that as well. This is the sole purpose of the command
    I understand how chroot works. chroot by default looks for a /bin/bash. In the partition that I am trying to chroot exists two directories, BT, and boot. There is not a /bin/bash in there nor is there any other shell that chroot can use. Correct me if I am wrong. I do not see how this guide is possible.

linuxbeast

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    boot from the cd
    edit syslinux.cfg adding changes=/dev/sda2 after append
    where sda2 is the name you took note of earlier
    What do you mean by this? Should "changes=..." go on the same line as "append" or should it go on a new line after the line with "append"?

Default clear

Well Linuxbeast, there are two things that are very clear.

1 The suggestions given to you by Balding_Parrot are clear, well defined and workable.

2 You are not able to comprehend what is required. I really doubt the usefulness of continuing with these elementary linux discussions.

We have all tried to help you on so many occasions.

I really do feel that you would be better suited with another distribution to learn some skills and then try again.

One final hint is that in the file syslinux.cfg is a line that has 'append' as the first command. That is the line which needs considering. The amendment which you are to commit is 'changes=/dev/sdax' where x is the device token.

If you don't understand that...then I think we might have to think again.

Do let us know. We can't wait.
    Lux sit

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

for newbeez ..... stay in touch with my thread where i develop a new installer for this purpose......... in coding project subforum......
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

linuxbeast

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Well Linuxbeast, there are two things that are very clear.

1 The suggestions given to you by Balding_Parrot are clear, well defined and workable.

2 You are not able to comprehend what is required. I really doubt the usefulness of continuing with these elementary linux discussions.

We have all tried to help you on so many occasions.

I really do feel that you would be better suited with another distribution to learn some skills and then try again.

One final hint is that in the file syslinux.cfg is a line that has 'append' as the first command. That is the line which needs considering. The amendment which you are to commit is 'changes=/dev/sdax' where x is the device token.

If you don't understand that...then I think we might have to think again.

Do let us know. We can't wait.
    IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO SAY THEN SHUT YOUR UGLY TRAP

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

with some disrespect like your mouth is crying against one of our well known & respected member, you will be thrown to idiot corner or you will be banned .....

please read the answers , all is here you don't take the time to search a little, if you want learn bt , you mustn't wait a spoonfeeder to help you !!!

just put your fingers out of your little ass and try the method balding_parrot has told to you , and if you got pb we may help you .....

if you don't know linux, you MUST learn with a simple distro as Blackfoot stated it.... that's the way we all have done.........

LONG PATH...BIG LEARNING

but maybe your just interested in beeing a wannabee wepcracker , in this case don't expect help, proove us you try things and maybe we will offer you our time to help you !!!

that's the rules .... if your not happy ... you still can go to another forum.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

linuxbeast

Whatever, I don't care to argue with a bunch of crap. I just wanted to share with others how I accomplished the usb install with changes.

I have a 2 gb flash drive.

I created 1 gb fat32 filesystem and copied BT and boot to it.

Next I ran the /boot/somethinginstall.sh file.

I unmounted the partition, so that I could resize it to 700 mb.

I did not create swap because it's a useless waste of space on usb drives when I have 2 gb of ram in dual channel.

Next I created sdc2 which took all remaining freespace and gave it the reiserfs filesystem.

I did all of the installation so far from vmware server but not using a virtual hard disk. VMWare has been configured to use my usb disk instead and boot the bt2final.iso cd instead of using my cdrom.

Next I booted BT2 from USB, not in VMWare. I edited the syslinux.cfg file and added changes=/dev/sdc2. Then I ran syslinux. I rebooted and my configuration had been saved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12