Thread: Aircrack-ng problem.. help

Just burned his ISO

Default Aircrack-ng problem.. help

Hey, so I'm sort of noob to backtrack and I've been having some troubles with getting aircrack to work i followed the basic procedure up until you type in aircrack-ng wep-01.cap

it says "got no data packets from target network" then quits aircrack-ng. The answer this problem isn't as intuitive to me as it probably should be. Mostly because, in airodump ng i have the following line for the wep I am trying to crack

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx PWR( -50) RXQ(bounces between 80-99) Beacons (17400) #data (over 1 million) #/s (373) CH (11) MB(54) ENC (wep) Cipher (wep) Auth (opn) ESSID (Bellxxx)

It is hard for me to believe that no data packets were found when my # data is over 1 million and has been running for almost 40 minutes.

Also, upon entering the aircrack-ng wep-01.cap command

it says it has read 15952 packets

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Am i just not waiting long enough? Or, is there a way to do this that I am not aware of?

Default Re: Aircrack-ng problem.. help

You don't need to stop the capture and run aircrack after. You can run aircrack-ng while doing the capture, and it will keep trying to crack while the IVS count is rising. That way you don't need to wait to reach thousand of packets, aircrack-ng will just warn you (and by warn, I mean show you the WEP key) once it finishes cracking.
    Check if the fake authentication was successful and make sure the data packets are being produced thanks to your attack and not due to someone in your network using torrents/streaming apps/et al. To finish, make sure you are using tutorials from aircrack's website, they are the best.