Thread: Install problem step 3 gnome-32bit

Just burned his ISO

Default Install problem step 3 gnome-32bit

Sorry for my bad English,i try to install gnome bt5 32bit , I have a problem with the install ubiquity on step 3. The installer gets stuck in step 3 and does not go to next step! Does anyone help me ?

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Default Re: Install problem step 3 gnome-32bit

Verification the md5checksum of the .iso, if it is ok remastered slowly...bye

Just burned his ISO

I am having the same problem but did not understand the solution you gave. I have tried bt5 gnome 32 bit and bt5 r1 gnome 32 bit and have the same problem with both.

Just burned his ISO

I have got the same problem when trying to install bt r1 kde 64! I'd really appreciate if any moderator helped us out to sort this issue out as i haven't found any info about this anywhere.
    Thanks for cooperating

Jun

Just burned his ISO

Hi guys,

anyone found a solution to this yet?
    Im having the exact same problem with BT5R1 x64 KDE on a Toshiba X505.
    I left the installer on for hours, still the same. It doesnt progress from step 3...

Any luck yet? Ive tried installing both from a USB and a DVD.

md5 checksum is ok by the way.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

shadowf

Just burned his ISO

Are you using a disc or usb. If the md5 match try burning the disc at a slower speed( if youre using a disc).

Just burned his ISO

i had i some problem,,

how to fix?

please redownload ISO bt5,, maybe ur current download , its file had corrupt,,, !!!

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for your replies. I did use a very low speed for burning the DVD. Turns out, that wasn't the problem.
    I managed to get it working at the end. Not sure what exactly the cause was but I tried a couple of things:

*While stuck at step 3 (both from LiveCD and LiveUSB), I took all USB devices out (even when BT was booted from a USB). This did seem to progress from step 3 and went to the mounting step (4). So I guess there is a glitch here.
    But, obviously, the installer crashed at step 4 or 5.

The fix: I tried installing from LiveCD when there was only one USB stick connected to a specifc USB port. Now, I say a specific port because if the same USB stick was connected to any other USB port, the installer would still get stuck at step 3. But this one USB port worked (to give you more info, I'm using a Toshiba Qosmio X505, so this USB port is also my E-SATA port). Using this port and installing from a LiveCD I had no problem.

I'm not very Linux experienced but to me this seems like a mounting problem in the installer program. Hope the devs will figure it out for future releases.

Now after installing successfully and successfully installing my wireless NIC's driver, I'm having some problem booting up from the USB... I did get it booting up no problem at all a couple of times. But now for some reason it fails due to a Kernel panic... I did Google this and there seems to be some quick fixes to this (which I haven't had time to try yet) but I'm wondering why it happened in the first place...

Hope this helps someone out there...
    shadowf

p.s. If anyone has a problem with BT not recognising their wireless card, I recommend downloading LVM2 from a computer with a connection and transferring to the computer they are installing it to (or the USB or DVD they are installing from) beforehand. The package didn't seem to come with BT... (I'm new to Linux so pardon my arrogance if this is something obvious to you pros, but just trying to help some other newbie like myself who's having problems!)

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Re: Install problem step 3 gnome-32bit

Hi guys:
    I'm from Colombia, I speak spanish (or portuguese, my english is low) and really do not understand the response, any someone that me explain in spanish. Thanks for the attention.

Guys, if you have an old and slow computer, it's normal that it will take some time to go to step 4, because it needs to scan the HDD for other operating systems and it needs to check how much space can be used on the HDD for BT. This will always take some time on old computers, so you should wait some time (10/15min tops). I know my old acer travelmate needs around 5min to pass step 3.
    Patience is a virtue.

(jorgenhoc, manda-me PM, pode ser em espaņol)