Thread: Ubiquiti and an Antenn

Default Ubiquiti and an Antenn

i bought a Ubiquiti SRC and it came with the laptop antenna.... not sure why, but the signal is not that great.. I think my wg511t gets a better signal than this does.... have tried moving it around, twisting and more...

not sure why... can anyone suggest an AWESOME laptop antenna that is nice and gets good signals.

OR can anyone recommend a command in BackTrack that will change some settings..

Well I tested my signals and its about the same if not somewhat better than my WG511t, sometimes not as stable.. the signal strength will switch fast between like 45-55, which is decent since my WG511t is around 48-50.

If anyone again as any suggestions... it would be appreciated..

I recently got my Ubiquiti SRC running again, i managed to rip one of the antenna ports out, which shagged the port and i had to snip the antenna pigtail too

In the interim i was using a WG511T card, which i get the same transmit power on as a Ubiquiti SRC with a 9dB omni antenna. The Ubiquiti is quite a bit more sensitive than the WG511T though, and the full duplex communication it offers is better over a ranged connection....not that i'm more than 10ft from my AP but hey!

I'm hoping to pull of a long range attack between two friends houses, but currently they're just out of range of my SRC...i get the odd beacon but not enough to create a proper link. This thread here might be of some interest. I'm hoping it'll give me the range to connect to my friends AP, if it works i'll measure the distance and make a video of it, but i've been too disorganised recently

With antennas you get what you pay for. A decent 5-7 dBi antenna will cost you 50+ usd.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.