Thread: Airmon-ng Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Airmon-ng Problems

I'm new to backtrack. I'm using backtrack 5R1 with a Lenovo W510. It has an Intel Ultimate-N 6300 built-in wifi card. Everytime a run airmon-ng it hangs without returning any info on the card. I have to hit CTRL-C to exit. I bought a Alfa AWUS051NH usb card to use instead. When go to use airmon-ng it hangs trying to use the Intel Ultimate-N 6300. How can I get the Intel Ultimate-N 6300 to function or bypass it to use the Alfa AWUS051NH usb card?

Default Re: Airmon-ng Problems

With airmon? Just supply the interface to the script... THat "bypass" the intel card. On another note, how long does it hang for? Because I have the same card and it works fine when I bother to boot from a cd instead of vmware. On yet another note, there have been users with that alfa card and driver issues. If you have the same issues, then look in the forums because the solution is there. Or just buy a awuso36h card which always works.
    World Domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer the term World Optimization.

Just burned his ISO

Can you explain further about the bypassing the intel card. Airmon just hangs until I press CTRL-C. Both cards can connect to wireless networks but I can't get the Intel card to go into monitor mode. I have gotten the Alfa AWUS051NH to go into monitor mode but I can't consistently do this because the intel card seems to be interfering.

You supply the interface for airmon. As far as the source code shows, it doesn't touch the other cards. You could also just take down the intel card. Remove its drivers, and interfaces. Or just use VMWare and AWUSO36H...
    World Domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer the term World Optimization.