Thread: Begining to Fuzz?

Question Begining to Fuzz?

I've been using BT off and on for a bit, but recently I was able to use it officially as part of my job. We had an orphaned domain without any credentials. I was able to use BT to compromise the DC and gain access. This was all sanctioned by my boss. Since then I've been trying to learn as much as I can. One thing I haven't tried is the fuzzing tools. Can anyone recommend a good book or site that teaches you how to fuzz? I am not a programmer so any info that might help understand some of the concepts of debugging would also help I believe.

Thanks!
    Seag33k

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

Default Re: Begining to Fuzz?

If you don't have a programming background, this might be tough. I have found this tutorial very helpful. It is focused on the spike fuzzer. I just tried to hit this link, and it seems to be down at the moment...got a 403 forbidden error. Hopefully, it's not been blocked permanently.
    Last edited by scottm99; 11-07-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...

Thanks for the info. Most of my experience is with scripting vs. full blown development.

Thanks!

Sorry for the double post.

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

You're welcome...having done full-out development was helpful when learning spike. However, I'd say if you're a good scripter, then you can pick up spike. Of course, BT5 has fuzzers other than spike...do some experimenting & see which one you prefer. Good luck
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...