Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating and Customizing Back|Track

Default Re: Updating and Customizing Back|Track

nice one ,,,,,,good job! i am using it now

happy hunting!!

its seem just like dragon in BT 4

happy hunting!!
    Last edited by longjidin; 01-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Default Version 0.8

Ladies/Gents,

Version 0.8 is out!

Changes are as follows:

iso_mod.sh
    - Removed the external update feature
    - Sanitization of variables

update.sh
    - Removed the external update feature
    - Removed main_menu--()
    - Sanitization of variables

Cheers!
    V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]

Default Riferimento: Updating and Customizing Back|Track

hello, i've just tried for the first time your script and i really liked it, it is just what i was looking for however i have a little problem...i mounted the original image (bt5r1 gnome 64) with iso_mod.sh, removed the huge oclhashcat+, oclhascat and oclhashcat-lite hoping to reduce the total size (the 3 programs require almost 600 mb iirc), installed a working sslstrip and ettercap and closed the chroot with "exit". once completed i obtained the modified iso, but the problem is that a) the size is the same as before, so no gain at all even witouth the 3 programs and b) (the most important) i can't mount the internal hdd of my pc! the file explorer doesn't show it at all, and strangely i can't even reboot/quit, just log out. the only option is to logout and then halt-reboot. any advice? the internal hdd mount problem obviously is the most serious one... thanks

Default Re: bugme

bugme,

My sincerest apologies on not responding quicker. Evidently you posted when the forums were going through their upgrades and I didn't see this addition to this thread.

Regarding your issues you have mentioned. Some of the common items I have found when dealing with custom ISOs is that I will forget to clean it up as much as possible before I exit the chroot. Did you remove any .debs from /var/cache/apt/archives/?

As far as mounting the hdd, try:
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    and verify that /dev/xxx is what u are trying to mount?

Regarding the reboot, can u provide more details??
    V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]

Default Riferimento: Re: bugme

thank you for your interest right now i don't have neither the original iso not the custom one...as soon as i have some time i will try (on the new rc2) and keep you informed! just a question...for cleaning the chroot do i have to use a specific command? the rc2 is even bigger then the rc1 and i am always limited to the 2gb limit so it would be extremely useful to gain some space!

Default Re: bugme

Hi
    I have not tried your scripts yet as I don't want to mess up my latest installed BT5r1.
    All I want to do is to turn my current installed version into an ISO so I can reinstall to a bootable USB or run in VirtualBox . (ie make myself a backup )
    Does your script allow this or if not could you point me in the right direction.
    many thanks

anyway, for the mount problem...i didn't try the script on an installed bt version, but used the live disc, downloaded the script and moved the whole "backtrack-update" folder to the main drive, where i have windows, the bt5 iso to be modified and a lot of space (from the live i cant do anything for i have a limited amount of ram). could this be the problem? reading and mounting at the same time from a mounted drive? (oh and sorry for the delay of my posts...im still a new user so every post i write must be checked by mods, giving me usually a 2-3 days lag at least )

Default Version 1.0 Released!

Ladies/Gents,

Version 1.0 has been set loose in the wild. Changes to note are:

update.sh
    • Removed support for BT5r1. This is now R2 only.
    • Removed beef updater. It is no longer svn capable repo
    • Modified msf to point to /opt/metasploit/msf3 as per the change with r2
    • Modified nikto to use svn up -vs- ./nikto.pl -update
    • Removed nmap O/s database updating capabilities till the bug that screws up -A is worked out
    • Modified sqlmap as it properly works now with the original installation via apt-get, but kept the code, lest in the future it stops working
    • warvox updating is suspended until the .deb is fixed, almost beef like with the gem issues...will detail this in a post on the forums one day

iso_mod.sh
    • Changed text to show that it works with Back|Track 5 r1 and r2
    • Modifed created iso mod name, as this may work for other o/s other than bt. Will be testing this on multiple Operating Systems in the near future

bugme,

- Regarding cleaning up your chroot. I will hit this post up tonight with my methods I use to keep the iso slim....

- Regarding the mount issues.... I keep back|track installed on my laptop, and when I modify the O/S I always do it from my installed version. I guess if you had the processing power and ram what you speak of would be possible, I've just never tried it, nor do I know if the script itself would work, perhaps it would umount something running or what not... Sorry I can't help any further on that.

parrotface,

This script is not meant to provide a means to backup your currently installed version. For something of that nature you could try aptoncd or something else like that. Sorry I can't be of assistance on this matter.
    V/r,
    Snafu

Default Riferimento: Updating and Customizing Back|Track

perfect, waiting for your tutorial and thanks for this new update!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast