First thing first, the 32-bit version BT5R1 should run on a 64-bit Intel Pentium processor, right? I don't have to get a 64-bit BT5, is that correct?
Here's what happens when i try to boot from a BT5R1-gnome-32 live cd:
1) i get the "copyright Peter Avind" line with a prompt line for login
2) I press "Enter" key and get the splash screen menu with choices for "safe mod", "mem test" etc
3) I choose the 1st one or "safe mode", and enter
4) screen starts showing messages like "loading vmlinux", "casper/linux" etc
5) more rolling messages about loading other stuffs but too fast to make out
6) then blank screen ...
I checked other threads, it seems other people only get to have the blank screen after they typed 'startx" command, but I don't even get that far.