I have an Acer Aspire ZG5 Netbook (AOA 110-1588), Its network adapter is an Atheros AR5BXB6. LSPCI detects it as: Atheros AR242x / AR542x - PCIe

The MadWIFI Driver was installed using this method:

Code:

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

From there make sure you uncomment anything that starts with "deb" in there. So changer it from "#deb" to "deb" Something along thoes lines. To exit and save hit "CTRL+X" the answer "YES" to do you want to save, then finally hit "ENTER"

Code:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Code:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev

Code:

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`

Code:

sudo apt-get install subversion

Code:

sudo -i

Code:

sudo svn checkout http://svn.madwifi-project.org/madwifi/trunk/ madwifi-ng

Code:

cd madwifi-ng

Code:

echo "" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Code:

echo "#Remove To Install MadWIFI Drivers" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Code:

echo "blacklist ath9k" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Code:

echo "blacklist ath5k" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Code:

make && make install

Code:

echo ath_pci >> /etc/modules

finaly restart ur computer and go to start>internet>wicd (i dont remember well) > preferences> and change wlan0 to ath0....
Upon reboot and using the command: ifconfig - I see the interfaces: ath0 and wifi0 are now listed as they should be.

But, when I: iwlist ath0 scan, I get "no scan
results.
"

Even in Wicd no results, even after setting ath0 in the preferences for the interface.

My Netbook has a Killswitch button for the Network. But no matter if I press it and wait 10+seconds it makes no difference. I also tried pressing it right after the computer turns turns on, when the BIOS splash screen starts. Nothing.

I'm definitely in range to my access points. I also tried to manually connect to my ESSID.

It's driving me crazy guys!! LOL. I think my hair is starting to fall out... Please, any insight?