Thread: Question about exploits and armitage

Default Question about exploits and armitage

Hello everyone in the Backtrack community i have a two part question that i would like to get some help with...

a) Does anyone have or know where to find a complete tutorial about armitage? I have read the intire manual and saw some videos on youtube. But i would like to get more information, like e-books not simple tutorials. I want to more or less get information to master the craft.

b) How could i understand how to choose the right exploit?

I remember that i dont plan to start hacking computers, stealing information and stuff like that. I'm just a security enthusiast.

Thanks a lot.

Default Re: Question about exploits and armitage

I have seen that video, its a good presentation, i've also seen this videos and read this article which could be useful to someone else. Thanks

I have a problem using Armitage and i don't know where the problem come from... i'll explain. My host SO is Windows 7, i have VMWare installed and i'm using 2 virtual machines, one with XP and the other with BT5 R1. So i'm using the host's connection for both machines... i mean the host works like a router (192.168.72.2), bt (192.168.72.128) and XP (192.168.72.129). Well when i use armitage to search for targets i only find the Windows7 computer (192.168.72.2).

What i'm trying to do is hack the other virtual machine, the XP box. The problem is even using all types of scan i cant find it and i have connection in XP. Using "arp -a" in XP i can see the MAC of bt machine, so i think every thing is fine with the connection. Oh i also can ping the bt machine through the windows machine but cant ping the windows machine in the bt machine. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by strakar; 10-09-2011 at 10:25 PM.

I've tried the same but with 2 diferent computers connected to a router... I installed XP in a computer and used my bt machine. Same problem. XP machine doesn't appear in armitage and bt machine cant ping windows machine. Anyone help me please. Both Bt computer and Bt virtual machine are running bt5 r1.

Fixed, i turned off Windows Firewall.