Thread: Help for Backtrack 5 on Acer Aspire 5742G-484G64Mnkk

Just burned his ISO

Default Help for Backtrack 5 on Acer Aspire 5742G-484G64Mnkk

Hello,
    I'm no expert on backtrack, I tried to do it from Acer Aspire 5742G-484G64Mnkk, my girlfriend's notebook, doing it from booting from USB. The problem is that the beginning starts, but later when I click on the text boot screen when it exits the program, I get a black screen and the program does not go forward. Since there is not a problem of the wrong version of the program, because on my notebook, that this is also a Centrino Duo 64, it works...can someone tell me what could be the problem?
    thanks

I also have the same problem of the black screen.
    I have a notebook Acer Aspire 5742G-484G64MnKK with Windows 7 Home edition installed.
    I tried to boot backtrack 5 from usb but i black screen appears after start up mode.
    Please anyone know what could be the problem and can suggest me a solution?
    Thanks

Smartie, i have the same problem of the black screen in my notebook Acer Aspire 5742G-484G64Mnkk.
    I run backtrack 5 booting from usb and i have windows 7 home edition.
    When i have to press the Tab key? i dont know what is the boot menu....please can you clarify to me.
    The screen become black after clicking on "Backtrack Text - Default boot text mode". Do I have to press the tab key when this screenshot appears to me?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 07-23-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Help for Backtrack 5 on Acer Aspire 5742G-484G64Mnkk

Hi i have de same problem , my notebook Toshiba A60 , after select default boot text mode ,

Please help us .

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

I believe that it is not just your model but other acer aspire's that have this problem as well.

With the aspire one d257-13473 <--- love the cryptic long trailing numbers used to name the models. ---> , I have failed to boot any live linux distribution via usb. For now I am using vmware to run bt5 r1 but its
    not exactly lightning fast on this intel atom netbook.

This is my first look into the issue. Perhaps it has been solved but I wished to post for archival sake that other models have the same symptoms & issues.

I imagine the fix will involve upgrading the bios some how, I believe I've tried variations on all of the few available options in the BIOS but perhaps I missed something.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by orgassembly View Post
    With the aspire one d257-13473 <--- love the cryptic long trailing numbers used to name the models. ---> , I have failed to boot any live linux distribution via usb.
    Hi,

All you have to do in order to be able to boot a distro via a usb drive is to enable the boot selector in the bios which is off by default in the D257. At the boot-up time hit the F2 key to get to the bios, start before you see the cursor or windows' gonna load up. Enable that feature then you will be able to access the drive selector by hitting the F12 key the next time you reboot. Now I have to get the wlan card to work. Hope this helps.

Frank.