Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

Just burned his ISO

Default Re : Re: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

Quote Originally Posted by sasanet View Post
    ALFA AWUS036NHR is the newest alfa card type and it will take some time until we got stable driver as for ALFA AWUS036NH (which is the best IMO)
    Hi! I was just wondering: what --in your opinion-- is "some time"? A few month or a few years?

Because I realy want to buy the ALFA AWUS036NHR, but if it can not show associated clients, or can't inject, it's not realy helpfull :S

If I'm not bying the ALFA AWUS036NHR, I was planing on bying the ALFA AWUS036NHA. But your are talking about the AWUS036NH.. Since they are very much akike, with one is better for linux ? (the AWUS036NH with a Ralink 3070 chipset or an AWUS036NHA with an Atheros AR9271 chipset ?)

Thank you so much !!
    and sorry for my poor english.. I did my best

PS: if someone knows a better/affordable card than those; i'm interested too ^^

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

Do you guys know if they are working on drivers for this chipset? I bought the card but I can't seem to get a handshake on my AP. I tried this update and I can no longer see my adapter in backtrack 5 r1 x64 gnome.

Just burned his ISO

Does this work also on the virtual machine (vmware) ?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by imike View Post
    Does this work also on the virtual machine (vmware) ?
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm running Win7 with VMware and BT5. I emailed Alfa about whether or not they planned on developing drivers for this scenario, and they actually replied by pointing me to this thread...lol. I replied and asked them again whether or not they are working on drivers to support BT5 within VMWare that support injection and monitor mode, and to please let me know so I know whether or not to return this product.

It might not be a bad idea for others to email/chat with Alfa for the same request. It may light a fire under their **** to get things moving for their latest and greatest adapter.

I'll post back when I get their reply.

Edit: Well, I got a reply back from Alfa basically just blowing me off and saying that they are not allowed to discuss how to use this device as a security tool. (I asked if/when they would have drivers for Backtrack that supported injection and monitor mode)
    Last edited by sickness; 11-28-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: No bad words here :)

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

how can I awus036nhr with compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu the channel 1 - Set X? I've already tried several things without success. Have no idea of ​​the degree

Just burned his ISO

I have, but what's listed here apply ALFA AWUS036NHR gerix stable wifi does not work sometimes when it does not work out a patch for the stable? Can you guess I do not know much more than English narration KIIS victim in this regard with Video

Just burned his ISO

First off, THANK YOU for the hard work and detailed instructions on this. Knowing this is a temporary fix until more compatible drivers are available is a help in the long run.

I ran into a problem though. The laptop I use has a Broadcom card internal for wireless connections, the AWUS036NHR for USB external and I can hook another RT81XX mini usb stick if needed.

The instructs had both RT8XXX devices running but killed the Broadcom. Bluetooth works, but not the Broadcom.

any ideas on getting the broadcom back up and running ?

Thanks!!

Nitch

Update: 2011-12-29

I downloaded the correct driver from Broadcom and built these based upon the instructions and drivers at : http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

Now that the Broadcom diver is working and connecting, I am finding that the AWUS036NHR can work but not connect to any APs... arrrg!!! I can use certain tools yet for normal internet connectivity, nothing.

ideas ?
    Last edited by nitchimon; 12-29-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Update-2011-12-29

Just burned his ISO

This alfa card has the potential to be very very good. However at the minute i see it as crap! No support! dont waste ya cash!

Just burned his ISO

Cool Riferimento: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

Hello,

I've an ALFA AWUS036NHR card and Backtrack 5R1. I've followed all the instructions of manzamanna below and now seems all ok.
    I can monitor, inject etc...

But ! there is only one issue:

When I run airodump-ng mon0 for example it don't show any client associations. But in my lab test there is 1 wifi laptop connected with my AP and airodump don't show me any association.

I can successfull deauth in broadcast etc....

Any suggest with airodump ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    --- BT5r1 Gnome 32bit fresh install:
    --- upgarde:
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    apt-get autoremove
    --- prepare kernel sources:
    Code:
    prepare-kernel-sources
    cd /usr/src/linux
    cp -rf include/generated/* include/linux/
    ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/2.6.39.4/build
    apt-get install linux-headers
    ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.39.4/Module.symvers  /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.39.4/Module.symvers
    --- buil and install drivers:
    Code:
    cd /usr/src/
    wget http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2011-10-06.tar.bz2
    tar jxpf compat-wireless-2011-10-06.tar.bz2
    wget http://www.backtrack-linux.org/2.6.39.patches.tar
    tar xpf 2.6.39.patches.tar
    cd compat-wireless-2011-10-06
    patch -p1 < ../patches/mac80211-2.6.29-fix-tx-ctl-no-ack-retry-count.patch 
    patch -p1 < ../patches/mac80211.compat08082009.wl_frag+ack_v1.patch 
    patch -p1 < ../patches/zd1211rw-2.6.28.patch
    patch -p1 < ../patches/ipw2200-inject.2.6.36.patch
    make
    make install
    -- I don't want udev persistent rules on my cards...
    Code:
    mv /lib/udev/write_net_rules ~
    mv /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules ~
    -- unplug AWUS036NHR and any other if present
    Code:
    reboot
    -- test it: (I have two wlan, wlan1 is ALFA AWUS036NHR, wlan0 is the one I'll use to determine which attacks it supports)
    Code:
    iwconfig
    -- plug AWUS036NHR
    Code:
    iwconfig
    airmon-ng check kill
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airmon-ng start wlan1 (just to be shure it works even in monitor mode)
    aireplay-ng -9 -i mon0 wlan1
    --I get:
    Trying broadcast probe requests...
    No Answer...
    Found 0 APs

Trying card-to-card injection...
    Attack -0: OK
    Attack -1 (open): OK
    Attack -1 (psk): OK
    Attack -2/-3/-4/-6: OK
    Attack -5/-7: OK
    Injection is working!

Enjoy

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Riferimento: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

I'm considering buying this card over the other older ALFA cards, as it would be nice to have a card with great range for both g and n networks, but I haven't found any more progress being made on support for this chipset. Has anyone gotten full functionality with this card, or know if the latest compat-wireless drivers (or any others) provide it?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast