apt-get autoremove
    --- prepare kernel sources:
    Code:
    prepare-kernel-sources
    cd /usr/src/linux
    cp -rf include/generated/* include/linux/
    ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/2.6.39.4/build
    apt-get install linux-headers
    ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.39.4/Module.symvers  /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.39.4/Module.symvers
    --- buil and install drivers:
    Code:
    cd /usr/src/
    wget http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2011-10-06.tar.bz2
    tar jxpf compat-wireless-2011-10-06.tar.bz2
    wget http://www.backtrack-linux.org/2.6.39.patches.tar
    tar xpf 2.6.39.patches.tar
    cd compat-wireless-2011-10-06
    patch -p1 < ../patches/mac80211-2.6.29-fix-tx-ctl-no-ack-retry-count.patch 
    patch -p1 < ../patches/mac80211.compat08082009.wl_frag+ack_v1.patch 
    patch -p1 < ../patches/zd1211rw-2.6.28.patch
    patch -p1 < ../patches/ipw2200-inject.2.6.36.patch
    make
    make install
    -- I don't want udev persistent rules on my cards...
    Code:
    mv /lib/udev/write_net_rules ~
    mv /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules ~
    -- unplug AWUS036NHR and any other if present
    Code:
    reboot
    -- test it: (I have two wlan, wlan1 is ALFA AWUS036NHR, wlan0 is the one I'll use to determine which attacks it supports)
    Code:
    iwconfig
    -- plug AWUS036NHR
    Code:
    iwconfig
    airmon-ng check kill
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airmon-ng start wlan1 (just to be shure it works even in monitor mode)
    aireplay-ng -9 -i mon0 wlan1
    --I get:
    Trying broadcast probe requests...
    No Answer...
    Found 0 APs

Trying card-to-card injection...
    Attack -0: OK
    Attack -1 (open): OK
    Attack -1 (psk): OK
    Attack -2/-3/-4/-6: OK
    Attack -5/-7: OK
    Injection is working!

Enjoy

note: I've edited with latest compat-wireless version and added linux-headers with a link to Module.symvers, it was needed:
    Code:
    WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.39.4/Module.symvers
               is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.
    feel free to check if it is ok

note2: After this upgrade, "FRITZ!WLAN USB STICK N", (based on Atheros AR9170 Chipset, using carl9170 driver) stop load his firmware. So.. download newer "carl9170-1.fw" (now is 1.9.4) from here http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/carl9170 in "/lib/firmware" and it will load
    Last edited by manzamanna; 10-07-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: note2

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: ALFA AWUS036NHR - chip RTL8188RU - compat-wireless driver rtl8192cu

It is working with Kde backtrack 5 rc1 fine now thank you

but still some software is not working like
    Gerix wifi crack
    the problem when you start sniffing using airodump
    in finding clients is not working probable for Gerix but if you do it manually is fine

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for such a great post. my alfa is working fine in monitor mode. it just that whenever i try to connect to any connection it keeps on giving me bad password.any idea?

and any of u tried to change the tx-power?
    thanks

Just burned his ISO

#include<beer.h> for the author! Works like a charm on BT 5 GNOME x64
    But do anyone know how to resolve the login and th-power problem?

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the tutorial.

but i have some problem when i start mon mod i get that my card is always on channal -1.

is there anyway to fix that.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by mohab1220 View Post
    It is working with Kde backtrack 5 rc1 fine now thank you

but still some software is not working like
    Gerix wifi crack
    the problem when you start sniffing using airodump
    in finding clients is not working probable for Gerix but if you do it manually is fine

i got the same problem
    you managed to solve the problem?
    tnks

Just burned their ISO

I am running Backtrack5 r2 and r3 on windows 7 and with Vmware Player
    running x64 and Genome

Here i would like to inform you guys that i have awus036NHR and it is "plug and play" on Backtrack 5 r3 (but i noticed somthing that it detected less APs)
    But on BT5 r2 you need to install drivers .
    i installed the drivers for linux in cd that came with alfa .
    after that i was able to INJECT, MONITOR

i was able to successfully run

aireplay-ng -9 wlan0

airodump-ng mon0

and i was successfully able to find the key of my own WEP AP .

NOW IN THE END I JUST WANTED TO ASK (as i was successfully able to find the key of my AP) does that mean my card is fully compatible with everything ? and is perfectly working ? or there are some other things i need to test my alfa adapter for ?
    sorry if this question sounds bit odd but i m new to backtrack and wifi testing

Just burned his ISO

So I recently received my AWUS036NHR. The package is missing some accessories so I'm in the process of contacting the seller

Anyway, I'm running BT5 r3 and the card is picked up right away. Put it in monitor mode and ran airodump and nothing shows up. So that's great. Guess I'm not one of the lucky ones. Also can't increase the Tx power over 20.

So next I go find the latest compat wireless drivers and install them. Now the card is working in airodump although it seems to not be showing associations. One came up when there should have been a lot. Stations were showing up but just the one was associated. Did a comms test against my test WEP router and injection works fine. The only issue is that the card isn't channel hopping in airodump. You have to manually tell it what channel to listen on.

So I restart airodump capturing IVs, successfully fake-auth with aireplay, and start an ARP replay with aireplay. It starts fine and the ARP requests start coming almost immediately but very slowly. Something like bursts of 5-7 requests every 1 or 2 seconds. Airodump shows the data packets going up for that AP in a somewhat similar manner but bigger bursts (which is usually the opposite of what normally happens). Compared to my built in Atheros AR9287, it's just pathetic. At a strong signal, the built in card can generate 40,000 ARP requests in less than a minute and up to 7-8 minutes for a low signal. At the speed this Alfa is going, like 400 ARP requests and 1000 data packets in airodump a minute, it would take 40 minutes to gain 40,000 IVs.

So I decided to leave it running anyway and it errors out around 2500 ARP requests. I have two terminals open and one says error: network down, the other says something like wifi_read() error or something similar. Basically, the card froze. Have to unload and reload the driver before the card responds again. Tried again and this time it froze at like 800 ARP requests, like the whole laptop froze requiring a hard reboot. So these drivers are garbage. Tried the instructions in the first post of this thread, same thing but now it channel hops properly. Tried the same instructions but with updated drivers from another post in this thread and same thing.

So airodump works without any associations, injection works, wpa association works, wash didn't find any WPS APs even though it should have, and it can fake-auth properly. Changing tx power works if you make the necessary change like was said in another post in this thread. Oddly enough it won't let me set it past 30 but sometimes when I bring the card up it defaults to 33.

What's good about it? It works well in windows (not sure of the tx power though?). The sensitivity of the card is light years beyond the built-in one. Was only picking up 6 networks before but this Alfa picks up around 14 sitting on the table and almost 30 sitting in the window. When we go visit my father in the summers, he lives on a fairly small island with no internet. Some of the family around me are just too far for the built-in card to connect to. This Alfa will definitely come in handy.

So would I recommend this card? At this point if you're just looking for a boost in range for windows, then yes. Although the card says up to 150 mbps compared to the built-in standard 450 mbps (which nobody ever hits anyway). For BT, I would have to say no. When researching the other cards there's the NHA which is supported well but low power, the 036NH and 051NH, which are buggy and unstable, and the H which is legendary but lacks N support. So guess I'm stuck waiting for proper working drivers?

Just burned his ISO

So let's say I uninstall these compat-wireless drivers, how would I reinstall the stock drivers that come with BT5 r3 without reinstalling Backtrack?

Just burned their ISO

I bought my alfa awus036nhr, recently but i am having some problems. I instaled rtl8188ru driver on windows 7 32-bit and i am having an good signal but my speed is very slow its about 10kb/s, after that i instaled rtl8192cu driver and i am with the same network having a low signal but the speed is 150kb/s, but the speed of the network should be 500kb/s and that speed i am getting with some other wifi card. What should i do? Should i install some other driver on my alfa, or something else? Tnx

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast