Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DNS Spoofing via Ettercap failing

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Re : DNS Spoofing via Ettercap failing

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaster View Post
    First: Not true

Second: Of course there is a way.

This is the way to do it. It's an option in vmware settings. Allow interactivity between host and virtual machine. Use a bridged network. And mirror the physical connectivity of the host. And make sure that you allow all network devices to be used, because that was giving me problems.

It's not sarcasm. In any case, try using the steps above and seeing if that helps.
    I should have mentioned that at first, I've been bridged the entire time. Same issue. Still times out the internet on the other computers, though it's random, some will, some won't.

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk2292 View Post
    I can't tell if that's sarcasm lol. I could always Wifi directly onto the network with the Alfa and go that route. It just puzzles me since it didn't work with my Ubuntu Server (which isn't via VM). In any case, it still just sits on Sending request, then times out and says it can't reach the DNS server. This is from the Linux computer as well as the VM. So it's not just the VM.

Does it have something to do with Mac? Did they patch the DNS hijacking or something? I've tried Chrome and Safari. Doesn't do it on either.
    It wasn't, you plug your adapter and activate it in the VM ware, then connect just like if it was a regular PC. And yes, MACs do have problems with DNS, that's the case in fake APs for instance ; macs can't get connectivity.
    Running both KDE and GNOME BT5 flawlessly. Thank you !

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by comaX View Post
    It wasn't, you plug your adapter and activate it in the VM ware, then connect just like if it was a regular PC. And yes, MACs do have problems with DNS, that's the case in fake APs for instance ; macs can't get connectivity.
    That I can try. I'll check back in when I've had a chance. What's interesting though, is spoofing my own computer from vmware works, at least for the SSL dissection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12