Thread: Increase Efficiency of Dictionary

Just burned his ISO

Default Increase Efficiency of Dictionary

Like the title says, I'm trying to make my dictionary more efficient.

Currently, my dictionary is 8 characters long, made up of capital letters of the alphabet.

At the moment I'm running crunch, removing lines that have more than 2 of the same letter next to each other with sed, piping that into pyrit then that into cowpatty. (If you need to see the code, just ask but at the moment not on my computer but will post it up after)

My current dictionary doesn't allow AAAAAAAA or AAABCDEF which is all good but it does allow AABBAABB and chances are that's not a password.

My question is does anyone have an idea or know how to make a dictionary file with these requirements:

- It has no more than two of the same letter next to each other (like currently)
    - A letter can't appear more than once if it is not next to the same letter. (So ABCDEFGA isnt allowed but AABCDEFG is)
    - If a double appears then no more doubles can occur (So AABCDEFF isnt allowed but ABCCDEFG is)

Disallowed examples:
    AAAAAAAA
    AABBAABB
    AABCDDEF
    ABCDEFGA

Allowed examples:
    ABCDEFGH
    AABCDEFG
    ABCCDEFG

Any ideas? Am I going about it the wrong way? Better program for this than crunch? Any other ways to remove useless passwords?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, was just thinking if it's possible to remove lines that have 3+ sequential letters as well i.e lines that have ABC, GHI, XYZ etc. That would help get rid of a nice handful as well. AABCDEFG not allowed, AABDEGHJ allowed. Tbh, not sure if that's the best way but that's where I'm up to at the moment.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Increase Efficiency of Dictionary

The code that I'm using currently to pipe and remove more than two letters that are next to each other.

./crunch 8 8 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ | sed -e '/AA/d' -e '/BB/d' -e '/CC/d' -e '/DD/d' -e '/EE/d' -e '/FF/d' -e '/GG/d' -e '/HH/d' -e '/II/d' -e '/JJ/d' -e '/KK/d' -e '/LL/d' -e '/MM/d' -e '/NN/d' -e '/OO/d' -e '/PP/d' -e '/QQ/d' -e '/RR/d' -e '/SS/d' -e '/TT/d' -e '/UU/d' -e '/VV/d' -e '/WW/d' -e '/XX/d' -e '/YY/d' -e '/ZZ/d' | pyrit -e [SSID] -i - -o - passthrough | /pentest/wireless/cowpatty/cowpatty -d - -s [SSID] -r [CapName]*.cap

Any help would be appreciated, even a general direction or where I should be looking would be extremely helpful.
    Last edited by Coldbane; 08-23-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Just burned his ISO

maybe you could use cupp.py -w in /pentest/passwords/cupp/

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by konspirasi View Post
    maybe you could use cupp.py -w in /pentest/passwords/cupp/
    Jus wondering but I don't see how cupp.py can help me. From what I've read, I don't see how I can use it to do what I want.

Think you could give me an idea on how it will help.

Thanks.

Just burned their ISO

Default AW: Increase Efficiency of Dictionary

I remember there was a Tool in BT4 or BT5 Toolsection-Forum... Try this, maybe this helps