Thread: OpenVAS Greenbone - completion meter does not update post "Requested" state

Just burned his ISO

Default OpenVAS Greenbone - completion meter does not update post "Requested" state

Not sure whether it's my box (tried it on both a win-based VM & also a dedicated box), but when I use Greenbone OpenVAS, the task control is malfunctioning.

I create a task to scan a target IP -> then I hit "start." the Task status updates from "New" to "requested" as it should, however, the progress bar does not move past that, even though the scan is working. Even when the scan is completed, the status still says "Requested."

Initially I thought OPENVAS was not working at all past it "Requesting" the new task. I googled and found some users have complained it takes forever to start. However, tcpdump showed a steady txfer of packets so I knew it was working, but the progress bar did not show progress, only "Requested"

An hour later, I returned and it still said the task was "requested" rather than 100% complete or "Finished" as it is supposed to. I closed Greenbone down and reloaded it and the task said "Completed."

Not that big a deal, but it would be nice if the progress bar worked. Can't find any answers on the net.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: OpenVAS Greenbone - completion meter does not update post "Requested" state

Same here - did you find any solution for that?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: OpenVAS Greenbone - completion meter does not update post "Requested" state

I still experience it until now. The progress bar is not moving.