Thread: LiveData not found

Just burned his ISO

Default LiveData not found

Booting up from CD, checked md5 of iso, burnt with ImgBurn in Windows.
    Error comes up right after detecting USB devices (devices get detected, blue lights on keyboard and mouse turn on, looks ok):

"LiveData not found searching for BT directory. You are using an unsupported boot device(e.g SCSI or PCMCIA cd-rom)"

to make sure its not a dud disc, i booted the disc using vmware and it works. i burnt a copy onto dvd, just to try, and same error. (i have an idea: dvd read speed is faster than cd read speed, so why not burn it on dvd?)

im thinking that it may be my motherboard. its a asus p5b deluxe, with updated bios, tested to be overclock-stable.

Just burned his ISO

bump. hoping to crack my first network today in linux.

Look at your BIOS settings and make sure its booting from a real CD rom drive, and not a virtual CD rom drive...also..why burn to DVD? Its meant for CD-r not DVD-r.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by justin2net View Post
    Booting up from CD, checked md5 of iso, burnt with ImgBurn in Windows.
    Error comes up right after detecting USB devices (devices get detected, blue lights on keyboard and mouse turn on, looks ok):

"LiveData not found searching for BT directory. You are using an unsupported boot device(e.g SCSI or PCMCIA cd-rom)"

to make sure its not a dud disc, i booted the disc using vmware and it works. i burnt a copy onto dvd, just to try, and same error. (i have an idea: dvd read speed is faster than cd read speed, so why not burn it on dvd?)

im thinking that it may be my motherboard. its a asus p5b deluxe, with updated bios, tested to be overclock-stable.
    Did you bother to check the wiki to see if your lappy has been tested and is supported. It would also help to know what kind of machine your working with

Just burned his ISO

no, i burnt it to dvd afterwards just to test something about dvd bandwidth. both discs work from vmware, and when i boot up (literally, not vmware), i go into F8 (select boot device popup), select my cd/dvd drive (benq dw1655).

going over to the slax forums, i find this, but i dont really understand how to implement the fix.

hxxp://w_w.slax.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16930&highlight=livedata

since BT is based on slax, i was thinking that it may be the same problem, except that i dont have slax/bt installed onto hd, nor any other linux distro (at the moment, completely wiped off my local harddrive). i do have linux installed onto a 4 gig vmware virtual disc, which seems to verify that the burned cd is fine.

Just burned his ISO

bump...cmon guys, I'm a Linux noob, you guys are complete pros.