Thread: startx error: Logitech USB Receiver

Just burned his ISO

Angry startx error: Logitech USB Receiver

I burned backtrack 5 to a dvd on slowest burn speed. When using it, i get to the part where you type startx. After doing that, it loads, and simply goes back to the startx part, displaying:

(EE) Logitech USB Receiver: failed to initialize for relative axes

After repeating burning the disk and booting it multiple times, I still got the same error . What do I do?

Default Re: startx error: Logitech USB Receiver

I received the same error using the Logitech laptop Dock with usb ports and wireless keyboard. Not sure why it comes up yet since I just received the error but i only get it when I try and run KDE 64bit. Would be nice to know why this happens so I can run under 64 bit to test it out.
    "It's Mind over Matter, if you don't have a mind it doesn't matter"

Just burned his ISO

You could download and try the Logitech equivalent software for Linux.

www (dot) hidpoint (dot) com

Might resolve your issue.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0t_ View Post
    I received the same error using the Logitech laptop Dock with usb ports and wireless keyboard. Not sure why it comes up yet since I just received the error but i only get it when I try and run KDE 64bit. Would be nice to know why this happens so I can run under 64 bit to test it out.
    I am using a laptop, the only Logitech thing I have is the mouse. After unplugging that and using the touch pad, I would get stuck at the same spot, only it wouldn't say the error.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

By the looks of it to me it looks like it's a confliction of a Logitech peripheral. Have you tried doing the obvious and unplugging it and plugging it back in? Maybe unplug it, start the Live CD and run startx without it being plugged in, and then plug it in when it's running?

If it's none of these things, this may be a stupid suggestion and might not have anything to do with it but if you are running a 64bit live CD, try download and run a 32bit version?

Hope I helped.

Unorthodox

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox View Post
    Have you tried doing the obvious and unplugging it and plugging it back in? Maybe unplug it, start the Live CD and run startx without it being plugged in, and then plug it in when it's running?
    Unorthodox
    I have tried that without success, so I will download the 32 bit version. Too bad I'm out of DVD's!

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Re: startx error: Logitech USB Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I burned backtrack 5 to a dvd on slowest burn speed. When using it, i get to the part where you type startx. After doing that, it loads, and simply goes back to the startx part, displaying:

(EE) Logitech USB Receiver: failed to initialize for relative axes

After repeating burning the disk and booting it multiple times, I still got the same error . What do I do?

I had the same problem...Am using a Toshiba Satellite 64Bit, 2.13GHz, 4GB Ram, 500GBHD, GT 230m 1GB dedicated, Logitech wireless mouse...I downloaded the first release of BT5 that gave me the same problem "Logitech USB Receiver: failed to initialize for relative axes"

I solved mine by recently downloading BT5 R1 64Bit KDE. Everything runs smoothly now. No qualms. Hope this helps