Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: enabling component called universe

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default enabling component called universe

    I just installed BT5 but im having an issue when i run "apt-get install basket" and i get the following error:
    The program 'basket' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
    apt-get install basket
    You will have to enable the component called 'universe'

    so my question is how to enable the component called universe???

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    In the words of sickn3ss.....

    Let me google that for you
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=enable+universe+component

  3. #3
    Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    Quote Originally Posted by snafu777 View Post
    In the words of sickn3ss.....

    Let me google that for you
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=enable+universe+component
    I think sickness stole that from thorin. lmgtfy is great!

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    Hi also newbie here.....I'm using the provided link above
    <http://lmgtfy.com/?q=enable+universe+component>, however,
    *absolutely* no response whatever from this link!! YMMV.
    Assistance appreciated. Thnx. Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!
    ----rob

  5. #5
    My life is this forum Snayler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,418

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    Quote Originally Posted by robhwill View Post
    Hi also newbie here.....I'm using the provided link above
    <http://lmgtfy.com/?q=enable+universe+component>, however,
    *absolutely* no response whatever from this link!! YMMV.
    Assistance appreciated. Thnx. Have A Healthy, Prosperous Day!
    ----rob
    You must be blind, cause I found the answer just by looking at the 1st, 2nd and 3rd links, and I'm sure the answer can be found on hundreds of other results.

  6. #6
    Just burned their ISO
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    To everyone else who *did* Google for how to resolve this (and that's how they found themselves on this thread), in recent versions of Ubuntu:

    Go to:
    System Administration -> Add/Remove Software -> Settings -> Edit Software Sources

    check the box: community maintained open source software (universe)


    Telling people to Google when they already did is kind of silly, does anyone actually use forum search anymore?

  7. #7
    Just burned their ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    i just enter in backtrack world by now and install backtrack 5 r3 after 2 days work but i dont have "System Administration "-> Add/Remove Software -> Settings - options you mention above any hepl :ty
    and i am trying to get pwlist some how i try crunch as in m search i get by it but it did not work for me i do install but still
    is there a ready made pwlist anywhere on google or anyoone can send it to me or give me link of software and can guide me a bit as i just start BT5

  8. #8
    Just burned their ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Re: enabling component called universe

    Quote Originally Posted by nathaliev View Post
    To everyone else who *did* Google for how to resolve this (and that's how they found themselves on this thread), in recent versions of Ubuntu:

    Go to:
    System Administration -> Add/Remove Software -> Settings -> Edit Software Sources

    check the box: community maintained open source software (universe)


    Telling people to Google when they already did is kind of silly, does anyone actually use forum search anymore?
    me too got a similar [rob.. worst thing is there is no option "Add/Remove Softwares" in 'Administration' for my copy (BT5)

  9. #9
    Just burned their ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: enabling component called universe

    IF you are using the command line, type "startx" (without the quotes) to access the GUI interface

Similar Threads

  1. Enabling access to net
    By SinisterZane in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 02:03 AM
  2. enabling USB Wifi
    By ffrreeaakk in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 04:30 AM
  3. New tool called hamster
    By notlist3d in forum OLD Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
  4. Enabling SSH for the Boot-CD
    By solars in forum OLD BackTrack v2.0 Final
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •