Thread: Bug in new kernel: Write-access to a NTFS-partition only PRETENDS writing there:(

Just burned his ISO

Default Bug in new kernel: Write-access to a NTFS-partition only PRETENDS writing there:(

Since the upgrade to the new kernel, I have this issue on my dualboot box (Win7 64-bit and BT5 32-bit KDE):
    If I save (or copy) a new file to one of the NTFS-partitions (using the "Dolphin" filemanager in KDE), it appears there and can (even after a reboot) be read again from there.
    So backtrack PRETENDS that this file is really saved there (in the NTFS-partition) and everything should be okay with it.
    Problem is: When I boot into Windows and go into Explorer, the file is actually physically NOT there!!!

Additional info:
    This worked before the kernel-upgrade without issues.
    The partition in question is not that C:\ (where windows os is), but that D:\ (a seperate physical harddisk, formatted as NTFS).
    I have seen (in Windows) that it had the flag "hardware compression". So I switched it off. This didn't solve the problem, but resulted not even seeing the file in question
    from inside Linux, then.

Is more info needed? Can somebody confirm this bug? And how to solve it? What is the easiest way to move a file from BT5 to Windows (since accessing NTFS seems to
    not work anymore) - Do I always have to use my ftp-server for transfer now?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Bug in new kernel: Write-access to a NTFS-partition only PRETENDS writing there:(

That problem really suxx.
    Since there's no anwer, here some additional info:
    The backtrack partition is ext4, no swap-partition.
    Both harddisks are SATA2 in a notebook and they contain an SSD cache.