Thread: Cracking WPA/WPA2 without dictionary

Hybrid View

Default Cracking WPA/WPA2 without dictionary

Hello to the backtrack community, well im a new user in Backtrack, i've been registred in the forum for some time but i'm still a beginner in Backtrack. Well since im Portuguese and most of the dictionarys are full of english people and most of the persons that own a Wireless Network doesn't use english names on it or so, I would like to know if there is a way to crack a WPA network without using Dictionarys. I tried to hack my conceptronic router with aircrack-ng, and I used the passphrase "Security" and used a big dictionary but unfortunatly it didn't found the key and yes, i got the 4-way-handshake. Any one can tell me if its possible to hack without dictionary? I mean a different method. Thanks to all

Developer

Default Re: Cracking WPA/WPA2 without dictionary

No there is no different method. WPA is only broken with a dictionary attack. The best thing to do is use tools like CEWL, wyd.pl and wget to make your own wordlist from Portuguese web sites. I also know there are lots of language dictionaries out there that you can use to get started.

Alright, thanks for the heads up

i agreed with pureh@te that WPA can only broken with dictionary attack. thanks to pureh@te for CUDA attacking method it's help me a lot in the field.....

happy hunting

you could pipe crunch through aircrack or pyrit to try to bruteforce it though with the time it would take its not really a feasible option.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

brute forcing period will take years..

the only best way to use brute force to its advantage is if you know a little about the password you're trying to get. ex: how long is the password does it has numbers, alpha etc.. if you know these things then you could use. Like if the password had letters and numbers in it, and was about 8 lengh, then you could cut it down and shorten the time span on your cracking.

./crunch 8 8 0123456789 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz | aircrack-ng -e ESSID -w- handshake.cap

In my option i would never use bruteforceing on a wpa. you have a better/shorter time span in getting the password using a dictionary
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

@ eatme.... yeah thats why i said it wasnt really a good option. not completely useless though, its good for checking for shorter combinations of numbers if you have a good gpu setup

Just burned their ISO

Thumbs up Re: Cracking WPA/WPA2 without dictionary

i have succeeded in cracking the wpa2 passwords, just use the famous minidgrep-gtk 30315, that cost about 15 minutes, if anybody wants to get this tool, here:

CDlinux + minidwep – Best (fastest & easiest) way to crack wireless WPA/2 passwords

appnee.com/cdlinux-minidwep/