Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCI-e laptops report in!

Just burned his ISO

Default PCI-e laptops report in!

i have a dell 6400 with its crappy broadcom 4311 and the wikis not helping, so anyone running pci-e laptop cards report in please:

model: dell 1390
    chipset: BCM4311/BCM2050
    part number: dell 1390 (i know IBM like to put long ass numbers on everthing)
    standards: b/g
    opinion: it sucks, like most broadcom equiptment its loud and deaf. and no injection.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
    i have a dell 6400 with its crappy broadcom 4311 and the wikis not helping, so anyone running pci-e laptop cards report in please:

model: dell 1390
    chipset: BCM4311/BCM2050
    part number: dell 1390 (i know IBM like to put long ass numbers on everthing)
    standards: b/g
    opinion: it sucks, like most broadcom equiptment its loud and deaf. and no injection.
    So what exactly is your point? You bought a laptop, and you're trying to do something with it that it wasn't intended to do.

If you need to use BT, then you should probably research what hardware is supported, and purchase that.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    So what exactly is your point? You bought a laptop, and you're trying to do something with it that it wasn't intended to do.

If you need to use BT, then you should probably research what hardware is supported, and purchase that.
    have you read the wiki? forums? its all about minipci or cardbus hardware. i need a minipci-e card. thats why im asking for the input of other BT2 users who have minipci-e cards so i can narrow it down.

if you dont have a minipci-e card don't post.

Just burned his ISO

ok there has to be more laptop users then me.

I'm assuming your problem with the 4311 is injection, you didn't really specify. If you can update aircrack to v 0.9, then your 4311 should do everything except the fragmentation attack.

i have a pci-e laptop with ipw2200. I've tryed many things but i cannot get bt2 to recognize my card.

i will most likey end up buying a pcmcia card...

Just burned his ISO

i didn't want a "i have this card and it doesnt work" thread, i need a thread about cards that DO work.

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)

Works on my Toshiba A135-S4727, OTB.

I went around and checked the "System Info" at various retailers to find one with an atheros card. I then actually talked the guy into letting me boot it with a BT cd before I bought it. It's amazing how well linux runs on most laptops, these days, if a little research is done prior to purchase. It took me much longer to downgrade vista to xp pro than it did to have Slackware with a custom kernel up and running.

Good Luck

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
    i didn't want a "i have this card and it doesnt work" thread, i need a thread about cards that DO work.
    You seem to have missed the 111 threads that already exist about cards that do work. Or you could try the Back track WIKI for a comprehensive list of compatable cards.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ghaze View Post
    04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)

Works on my Toshiba A135-S4727, OTB.

I went around and checked the "System Info" at various retailers to find one with an atheros card. I then actually talked the guy into letting me boot it with a BT cd before I bought it. It's amazing how well linux runs on most laptops, these days, if a little research is done prior to purchase. It took me much longer to downgrade vista to xp pro than it did to have Slackware with a custom kernel up and running.

Good Luck
    Thank you, i am hoping for a a/b/g card but i will keep a look out for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    You seem to have missed the 111 threads that already exist about cards that do work. Or you could try the Back track WIKI for a comprehensive list of compatable cards.
    if you care to show me links to ANY mini-pci express cards in the wiki or the threads i'll take it back. only thing i find is the card i already own, and even then its just people whining about how it doesnt work.

h--p://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_hostif.php?hostif=mini-PCIe
    h--p://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php?title=HCL:Wireless#Mini_PCIe_.28Built_in .29
    h--p://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=6726&highlight=PCIe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast