Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow.. i cant seem to burn this

Just burned his ISO

I dont know how viable this info is, but for example, i have again the BT disk in, and the dvd drive light doesnt go off at all.

And it seems that this is the only disk that is having issues.

So odd.

Just burned his ISO

yes, in fact, i can watch movies, and such on the dvd drive. yet it will nto recognize the backtrack at all.

the desktop can boot it fine.

Just burned his ISO

Hoping someone may have insight as to why this would occur

the desktop can boot it fine.
    So the disk works, it just doesn't work on your laptop. (?)

If this is so, and you'd really like to get to the bottom of your problem, figure out some alternative method to boot BT on your laptop. Install it on a pen drive, boot off the iso, something. After you have gotten BT booted on your laptop, mount your cd drive and "ls". If it works with BT, it isn't your hardware. If it doesn't, try cleaning the drive. It that doesn't help, replace it. It's no harder to replace a cd drive in a toshiba than a hard drive.

Cd emulation software and emulated drives on windows have been known to screw up the cdrom drivers. If you don't feel like trying to boot bt without the cd, try a clean install.

Another option would be to down load the 60mb Insert Security distro, on your desktop, burn it and see if it will boot in your laptop. You could then check out whether Insert can read the BT disk. If you manage to burn and boot Insert, you could also burn another copy of BT with cdrecord and see if your windows install can see it now. Boot off the cd and at the boot prompt "insert toram". It's only 60 megs, it ought to run in ram on any newer computer and free up your cdrom.

When using windows, a clean install is periodically a good idea anyway. If you choose to reinstall windows, though, you must be a slow learner.

Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12