Thread: Can't boot from USB on my laptop.

Just burned his ISO

Default Can't boot from USB on my laptop.

I am trying to install BackTrack on a USB drive. I used both Unetbootin and Pendrive Linux, both will work on my desktop and Backtrack will start. However, they will not work with my Lenovo Thinkpad x120e. I receive the "No operating system found" message. I even disabled the HD in the bios leaving only the USB options. Both USB ports are working fine and I know it is not the thumb drive as it works with my desktop. I am sure it is something to do with my Thinkpad, just not sure what. Any suggestions that I could try would be much help.

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Re: Can't boot from USB on my laptop.

DarthPraetor,

Ive had this problem before try this link it could just be a case of updating your bios:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Can't boot from USB on my laptop.

I have a post up there, but have not heard back yet. Still playing around with the BIOS, Lenovo has a bootable USB tool for repairing, I am going to download that and see if that works and see if I see something that could help within the files.

Default Re: Can't boot from USB on my laptop.

I had that problem yesterday at a client's location. They use IBM desktops for some reason... In the bios bounce around for the boot options. In there is a list of the bootable devices. Make sure you have the thumb drive plugged in first, then you'll see it in the list. Make sure it's not in the disabled list. Just arrow down to it and I think it's shift-x to put it up in the enabled list.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69