Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi all.. I need help with my Broadcom

So guys! I don't have any ideas in which card i must buy!

I've searched on eBay for the NETGEAR WG511T (an italian friend have tested this card with success) but i don't find this card in italy.

I also searched for Netgear WAG511 .. This card is similar to WG511T? Or it is superior? Also this is not in italy.

Finally i've serached for D-LINK AIRPLUS EXTREME G DWL-G650. It's a good card? This card IS in italy.

If you have to post some others card, please tell me..

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AmphybiouS View Post

Finally i've serached for D-LINK AIRPLUS EXTREME G DWL-G650. It's a good card?
    If your looking to use it for Kismet its ok but no external antenna connector which limits range. Very easy to use for use with Aircrack-ng suite and very cheap on ebay.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Possibly, you haven't seen this link:

http://backtrack.offensive-security....s#PCMCIA_Cards

Make sure you buy your card from a place that will EASILY let you return it. The people that make these cards have been known to change the chipset without notice.

Chipsets that I know work well include prism2 and atheros.

People speak well of a
    PROXIM ORiNOCO 802.11b/g Gold (Model: 8470-WD)
    but I don't own one.

I like this card, but I've quit recommending it because so many people here seem to have problems with it. Maybe they need to quit looking at the values the card reports and test it a long distance in the field or maybe the antenna connectors are easily damaged. Mine works fine and I use it daily on the job with Slackware current. It's expensive.

PrairieFire,

I like your pic. Here's some latin for you:
    Oderint dum metuant
    "Let them hate as long as they fear."

My favorite Greek saying is "Molon Labe" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ghaze View Post
    Possibly, you haven't seen this link:

http://backtrack.offensive-security....s#PCMCIA_Cards

Make sure you buy your card from a place that will EASILY let you return it. The people that make these cards have been known to change the chipset without notice.

Chipsets that I know work well include prism2 and atheros.

People speak well of a but I don't own one.

I like this card, but I've quit recommending it because so many people here seem to have problems with it. Maybe they need to quit looking at the values the card reports and test it a long distance in the field or maybe the antenna connectors are easily damaged. Mine works fine and I use it daily on the job with Slackware current. It's expensive.

PrairieFire,

I like your pic. Here's some latin for you:
    Oderint dum metuant
    "Let them hate as long as they fear."

My favorite Greek saying is "Molon Labe" of course.
    I finally finded a Netgear WG511T. I've already crack a wep protected AP. But i find some difficult to crack others... Maybe my card has not an external antenna. How can i insert an extrenal antenna in this card? Some one has do this job? Thank you.

Please... help me...

Default antenna

I do not believe that this Atheros card will have any problem with the programs or scripts that you mention though I did not think an external antenna connection could easily be achieved. I suggest that you contact your supplier to confirm that point. Cards with external antennas are available.

Difficulty in 'cracking' numerous APs is unusual since the procedure is the same. (It is unlikely that you will 'crack' a WPA or WPA2 sequence with your current equipment or knowledge).

Whilst we cannot assist you in executing any unauthorised/improper activities we can assist in the use of the BackTrack collection of tools. Please explain your requirement in more detail and confirm the authorisation associated with your requests.

Do you like working with 17799 or 27001 or other standards?
    Lux sit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12