Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT as main distro?

Just burned his ISO

Question BT as main distro?

I haven't installed BT yet because I have to buy a modem/router to use it. But I want to ask you that have installed it. I liked it more than other distros and I want to use it as my main distro. Is that possible or it is just made to be a live cd?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

it's still possible....BUT

bt2 is security pentesting oriented....means most of soft are forensics one...you will need to install many usual soft.....

and bt is a live cd......

best thing is to install bt on usb and have a dual boot ubuntu 7.1/xp.....

just my 2 cents
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    best thing is to install bt on usb and have a dual boot ubuntu 7.1/xp.....
    Dual/triple booting is a common and popular way to run BT2.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

I agree it would not work as a main os. I have 1 laptop with bt/xp and another laptop with unbuntu and vista

Feasibly, yes you could run B|T as your main OS - I wouldn't recommend it though.

At home I use B|T in its LiveCD mode only, at work I have a triple-boot setup (Ubuntu as my main OS, B|T, and Windows XP just in case).

Run it as your main distro for a little to see if it gives you everything you need, if not, then dual boot with a different more daily-use-friendly distro like Ubuntu.

Just burned his ISO

You all use ubuntu as main? I know that it is user-friendly and stuff like that but why not using another distro like Debian?

Quote Originally Posted by _Zero_ View Post
    You all use ubuntu as main? I know that it is user-friendly and stuff like that but why not using another distro like Debian?
    People use wide variety of distros and OSs. I wouldn't say that we "all" use Ubuntu based on what a couple of people said. Just don't want this thread to turn into another one of those Linux distro wars.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Personally, I use Mandrake. Why?? It has a cool name of course! A Mandrake, according to the Knights of the Templar and medieval history, were a type of mini Dragon. I'd say about the size of an Eagle or a Buzzard.

But on a more serious note...Yes you can use BT2 as your main distro. Why do people not advise this?? I believe its because you have to manually install and configure all the extras and bells and whistles that normally come with more popular Linux Distros. In other words..were afraid you'll **** up BT2 and blame us..and bring all your questions on how to install this module and that module..why doesn't this soft work/ or why isn't it compatiable with BT2....etc.. We just don't want to deal with your mistakes. Get it??
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

i have been using bt as a main distro for over a year now on both my laptop and home computer... every time i turn on my computer and see the bt screen i get excited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast