Thread: Simple Wink Tutorial On How to Make Tutorials :)

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Default Simple Wink Tutorial On How to Make Tutorials :)

First off, would just like to say Thank You to everyone that has a Part in Backtrack and this Forum. I played with Auditor, and I played with Whax, and the merging was awesome. All the Tutorials are just great. This is my bad attempt at trying to give something back

How to make Tutorials with Wink.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First Off, Download wink

http://www.freeware4u.com/index.php?...tartdown&id=26

Put in the directory of your Choice.

Open a console and type
    tar -zxvf wink15.tar.gz
    Then Type
    ./installer.sh

This will ask you were to install it.

By default it wants /home/root/wink
    In BT2f this directory does not exist. So, I just created /root/home/wink/
    and typed that in as to where to install it.
    My installation is now in /root/home/wink/wink
    cd /root/home/wink/wink
    type wink

This should open up the main window for Wink.
    Hit CTRL+N or select file->New to start a new project.
    Check the box to hide Wink. Choose the size of the box you want to capture. I left it as screen. You can choose the frame-rate as well. higher the framerate, the harder it will be on the machine.
    From here, Hit Ok, then Minimize to tray.
    Shift+Pause starts capturing "video" or frames of the desktop
    Pause just captures screenshots of the desktop

The problem between the linux and xp version is the toolbar icon doesn't show you when it's recording in linux.

Shift-Pause to start recording. When you are done, hit Shift+Pause again. This will stop the recorder.

Click Finish, this will import the video to the main screen.
    From here, you can click on each frame and Import Text boxes on the right hand side to your frame. Make sure to choose how long the frame will stay open (also on the left hand side). If you dont give it a delay your baloon or box or heart or whatever will just flash in front of you. After you go through the major frames you want to edit, You can render the video and it will save it as a flash file. From here, the sky is the limit. This was just a Simple tutorial to get you going. I've created a few tutorials at work for chuckleheads that can't figure out what to click on. I saw one of xploitz's Tutorial (which he is awesome at making) but everything he wanted to say was in a terminal. This is easily avoided using wink. It pauses on the frames, tells the Jokers what they need to hear, and then proceeds on.

BTW Thanks Xploitz and everyone else for the Great Tutorials. You guys are awesome.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    All the Tutorials are just great. This is my bad attempt at trying to give something back

I saw one of xploitz's Tutorial (which he is awesome at making) but everything he wanted to say was in a terminal. This is easily avoided using wink. It pauses on the frames, tells the Jokers what they need to hear, and then proceeds on.

BTW Thanks Xploitz and everyone else for the Great Tutorials. You guys are awesome.
    Bad attempt?? Did I miss something? This is a very good "quick start" tutorial. At least you are giving back. The size of the donation doesn't matter...its the size of the heart of the giver that counts. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us all a great once over with wink. I'm positive it will help newcomers who are wanting to post videos, but are having difficulty producing them. I look forward to other tutorials from you in the future.

BTW..i wasn't aware that wink had voice in it. You said that in my videos..I could avoid typing all that in the terminal window..and that wink would "tell the Jokers what they wanted to hear.' Is this true? Hmmm,.... I only played with wink one time and opted not to use it and to use xvidcap because the resolution in wink wasn't "big enough". I chose screen..but it didn't fill up my screen like xvidcap did. Thats why I chose xvidcap over wink..but if what your saying about wink is true..I may re-evaluate my video production soft.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

As far as I am aware wink does not have "audio" unless you run the latest windows version under wine. I know that they are working on including this natively, but there is no time-scale mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    As far as I am aware wink does not have "audio" unless you run the latest windows version under wine. I know that they are working on including this natively, but there is no time-scale mentioned.
    I see. Then he must have been implying that I could make audio with it in Win-doze...but I'm not about to put VM ware on my machines. If I did I wouldn't be using wink..I'd use that camtasia studio stuff that muts uses.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Good effort for posting this for others. You can tell it any secondary directory that does not exist and it will install it there. Far as screen size I tested on my 1920x1200 and it works nicely at 30fps. As for sound it would be easier if you really wanted to do voice to add it in later while editing.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Camtasia is awesome. But it's spendy. I haven't tried audio in Wink. I meant that you could put what you wanted to say in a Box and let the person read it, instead of typing it in a terminal, which is still genius lol.

A lady at work today had broken her wrist over the weekend and couldn't press Control+Alt+Delete. (Yes, I know what EVERYONE is thinking, I thought it too). Her hands are too small to do it One-Handed, and the machines are so locked down you cant modify or add software for any easier key combo. So, we made the Control Alt Deleter! Made from a Wire File Folder Holder. Bent up and taken apart to place on the keyboard (measured out) to press Control+Alt+Delete. It's fugly, but it works damn good. Ah, what we wont do for the end users. LAWL!

Just thought it was genius (and retarded) too.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!