# MORE OF A COMBINATION OF SHAMANVIRTUEL'S AND BALDING_PARROT'S TUT'S#

Tools needed 4 this tut:
    BackTrack 2 USB 4 Win - by shamanvirtuel
    A Windows OS
    A usb drive @ least 2gb
    A BT2 boot cd

Lets get 2 it!

Boot BT2 from the cd.
    Now with BT2 up and running insert your usb drive do nothing at the popup window.
    Click on the blue globe on the taskbar, now with Konqueror open, click on storage media.
    You should see your removable device, sda1, sdb1, sdc1...ect. what ever it is, your DRIVEID will be without the number i.e. "sda".

Goto Tools -> Open Terminal and type: (we are using shamanvirtuel partition example here)

cfdisk -z /dev/DRIVEID
    n-new
    p-primary
    b-beginning
    t-type
    0B
    b-boot
    Select Free Space
    n-new
    p-primary
    t-type
    W-write
    yes
    hit q 2 exit out of cfdisk
    ignore error
    you MAY need to reboot
    now back @ the treminal type:

mkdosfs -v -F 32 /dev/PARTITIONID1(if your DRIVEID is sda make PARTITIONID1 = sda1)

mkfs.ext2 /dev/PARTITIONID2(and this PARTITIONID2 = sda2)

eject you usb drive and insert it in a Windows OS base comp or boot to Windows and then insert it.
    Windows will only see PARTITIONID1 so we can run shamanvirtuels program BackTrack 2 USB 4 Win
    just follow the instructions on BackTrack 2 USB 4 Win
    after the install dont reboot goto MyComputer->YourUsbDvice->boot->syslinux-> you should see a file "syslinux.cfg" open it with wordpad NOT notepad! (balding_parrots example used here to automate the booting process)
    see the line:

Code:
    label bt
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append vga=0x317 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=4444 root=/dev/ram0 rw
    add "changes=/dev/PARTITIONID2" right after append to look like this:

Code:
    label bt
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append changes=/dev/PARTITIONID2 vga=0x317 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=4444 root=/dev/ram0 rw
    save your changes to the file by Ctrl+S while in wordpad and safely remove your device.YOUR DONE!

Boot BT2 up from your usb make your changes and log out of BT2 and when you boot back up you will find all is as it was.

Ive taken this approch because the built in BT2 installer never installed properly on PARTITIONID1 and I find it more easy.

Important note here: When booting on a different computer your driveid may change.
    on may dell the driveid is sda but on my vaio which has some built in usb devices the driveid gets sdb so when I booted up the vaio changes=/dev/sda2 in the syslinux.cfg file pointed to another device other than my usb drive and would not allow a bootup so
    I modified the syslinux.cfg file more for an easy fix. It looks like this: note the label vaio

Code:
    PROMPT 1
    TIMEOUT 400
    DEFAULT bt

label bt
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append changes=/dev/sda2 vga=0x317 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=4444 root=/dev/ram0 rw

label vaio
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append changes=/dev/sdb2 irqpoll vga=0x317 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=4444 root=/dev/ram0 rw

label default
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append vga=0x317 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=4444 root=/dev/ram0 rw

label btsafe
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz
    append vga=769 max_loop=255 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz init=linuxrc load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=4444 root=/dev/ram0 rw

label memtest86
    kernel /boot/memtest86p
    having found this out, portability of your usb drive from computer 2 computer may be an issue but just mod the syslinux.cfg file and all is well.

Thanks shamanvirtuel and balding_parrot for all your excellent posts/tuts/help @ remote-exploit
    g1i7ch

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

you can simply :

1 do a normal bt2usb install with my soft (will take all place disp, but we don't care)

2 boot bt on cdrom; open qtparted, resize partition , create a new ext2 partition..... and go we are setup, just need to add the saves cheatcode mod to kernel.....

really it's the most easy way to do it.....

the tut i post was under linux only........so why do you want still go window$...Oh i forget !!! it's for microsoft lovers like you i built this software(bt2usb4win).....LOL..just joking....
    thx 4 ur words

btw final version is sheduled .......so stay in touch
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006