Thread: HP Touchpad

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default HP Touchpad

HP Touchpad has a snapdragon APQ8060 processor in it which is stated to be an ARM processor. Anyone able to possibly assist with installing BT5 on this device? I have attempted searching. The only pertinent info I have gathered is that to enter Developer Mode in the "Just Type..." box on the home screen of the device, type in "webos20090606" (without quotes) and have successfully gotten the device into Dev Mode. I have a few rigs running backtrack 5 KDE already, they are also dual booting windows 7, so if anyone could be of assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Side note, reason why I went with the HP Touchpad, got it for $99, hp is no longer supporting the WebOS, and Best Buy among other retailers have tried to send the devices back to HP and HP has refused them. So, buy now if you can. My Best Buy sold out in about 2 hours once word got around, they started with about 80 units...

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: HP Touchpad

another way to get into DEV Mode is to type in "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" in "Just Type". And so far I haven't had a chance to try it but as soon as I do I was going to try and install the ARM version of BT5 on the touchpad using the directions on how to install ubuntu 11.4 on the touchpad just change the image file. If someone gets to it first please post and let me know.

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: HP Touchpad

As much as I read up, the integrated Wifi on the Touchpad wouldn't support injection anyway as it is a Atheros AR6003 using the ATH6KL driver.

Default Re: AW: HP Touchpad

How to get ubuntu on touchpad..... hmmmmm

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html