Thread: Express Cards vs USB cards what do i get?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Express Cards vs USB cards what do i get?

Hi guys,

seeing as i cant get PCMCIA card on my new Dell notebook i wanted to know which Express cards would be best as my N draft mini card isn't really compatible?

Also what would be a better choice Express cards or USB cards? I want to get one for using backtrack successfully!

Help me decide!

Also i have read around and i cant find anything specific to these questions!

Any help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by harbir24_7 View Post
    Hi guys,

seeing as i cant get PCMCIA card on my new Dell notebook i wanted to know which Express cards would be best as my N draft mini card isn't really compatible?

Also what would be a better choice Express cards or USB cards? I want to get one for using backtrack successfully!

Help me decide!

Also i have read around and i cant find anything specific to these questions!

Any help is much appreciated!
    I am not aware of any Express cards which are supported by BT2.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

I wasnt entirely sure thats why i posted!

What about USB? Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by harbir24_7 View Post
    I wasnt entirely sure thats why i posted!

What about USB? Which one?
    The HCL has reports of people's experiences with various wireless cards. There is a section about USB devices. Then the ball's in your court.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

I looked at the page and i probably go with the NETGEAR WG111v2 however i am unsure on how to check if the device is the one with the realtek chipset!

From what i understand from that guide it has to be v2 and has to have NETGEAR engraved into the case?

Anybody able to clear this up for me! Ive found a few on ebay and none of the sellers know for sure!

Heres one i got my eyes on

cgi.ebay.co.uk/NETGEAR-WG111v2-802-11b-g-54Mbps-WIRELESS-USB-ADAPTOR_W0QQitemZ280126798049QQihZ018QQcategoryZ45 002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Update:

and heres one from Amazon.co.uk

amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-WG111-Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B00066IEN8/ref=sr_1_1/026-7832614-3463602?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182869456&sr=1-1

Anybody able to tell me which one of these devices is great for what i want?

also another

cgi.ebay.co.uk/54-Mbps-802-11g-Netgear-WG111v2-Wireless-USB-Adapter_W0QQitemZ190125361135QQihZ009QQcategoryZ45 002QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphoto hosting

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

according to some member and to my personal tests.....

forgot it...its behaviour is quite erratic when trying to connect to the web.....
    injection test reports injection working but some attacks not...

wusb54gc or dwgl122 will be my advices....no usb atheros...they are not supported by madwifi.......
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006