Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: airmon-ng displays no interface,chipset or driver

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default airmon-ng displays no interface,chipset or driver

So i've been following a few youtube guides along with forum guides on obtaining the wep key from a router. I use a Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, and I just downloaded Windows Virtual PC to run with Backtrack 5. My laptop is a Compaq CQ40 and has an internal Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter. I read somewhere that USB adapters are needed (?) so i bought a Realtek RTL8188SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 which is a wireless usb network adapter. I have also modified the settings so Realtek and Broadcom are both detected using Settings in Windows Virtual PC.

I run startx in Backtrack 5, Launch Konsole, and as i type airmon-ng, i see 3 columns Interface Chipset and Driver. however, nothing appears under interface or chipset or driver, as is demonstrated in the videos. Would anyone please direct me to my mistakes?

Thanks

Default Re: airmon-ng displays no interface,chipset or driver

In order to receive help you need to provide us more details regarding what you are doing.
    Also just my 2 cents before actually trying something out make sure you understand it not just copy/paste the commands.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

I'm trying to obtain the WEP key of my router using BackTrack 5. I am stuck at the first command of airmon-ng whereupon this command is supposed to give me my wireless adapter name, because for now it just gives me

Interface Chipset Driver

with nothing beneath it. Am i doing something wrong

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by trouble18 View Post
    obtaining the wep key from a router.

just having some problems for the command airmon-ng

the Realtek RTL8188SU chipset doesn't work out of the box on backtract 5 and even if you install the drivers just to get wireless working aircrack-ng/airmon-ng still doesn't work with the same drivers.
    you will have to get a supported wireless adapter that works with aircrack.

Please search, I have answered this question 3 times within a fairly short amount of time.

Look at the second post in this thread:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...track-5-a.html

Just burned his ISO

hi

i a newbaby in backtrack and i just download bt5r1 and i used in two laptos and in both of them wcid show no device and in airmon too (one laptop hp dv6 using broadcom 4322 and the other using broadcom 4313)

how i can do it
    can any one explained to me ??

thanks

bye

Quote Originally Posted by man84 View Post
    hi

i a newbaby in backtrack and i just download bt5r1 and i used in two laptos and in both of them wcid show no device and in airmon too (one laptop hp dv6 using broadcom 4322 and the other using broadcom 4313)

how i can do it
    can any one explained to me ??

thanks

bye
    can you show us output information from the commands -- ifconfig, iwconfig, and lspci.

Just burned his ISO

an administrator just gave me a warning on my first post?! i cant PM anyone now, i dont know whats going on that was my first post!

here was the post, someone who is an admin please let me pm again and possibly explain why i was docked.

I am having real issues and none of my buddies are deep into linux knowlege. I am more than willing to let someone who is skilled use teamviewer to remotely help me with my issue. You see I cant get my usb adapters to get picked up on airmon-ng and i dont know how to modify the one i have internally on my laptop/ i have a hp pavillion dv7, and i am running backtrack 5 on vm workstation. I type aimon-ng and nothing comes up under chipset. i also tried to go into the network manager, and it wont show any wireless access pts or routers. i have a netgear wg111t and a a netgear wn121t. any takers?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by saber42 View Post
    an administrator just gave me a warning on my first post?! i cant PM anyone now, i dont know whats going on that was my first post!

here was the post, someone who is an admin please let me pm again and possibly explain why i was docked.

I am having real issues and none of my buddies are deep into linux knowlege. I am more than willing to let someone who is skilled use teamviewer to remotely help me with my issue. You see I cant get my usb adapters to get picked up on airmon-ng and i dont know how to modify the one i have internally on my laptop/ i have a hp pavillion dv7, and i am running backtrack 5 on vm workstation. I type aimon-ng and nothing comes up under chipset. i also tried to go into the network manager, and it wont show any wireless access pts or routers. i have a netgear wg111t and a a netgear wn121t. any takers?
    Watch the video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw0NEr5s6DQ

Watch the video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlyqdpGwvFU

I've uploaded this video of aircracking and I'm using Belkin Wireless Adapter and VMWare Player. So, you'll come to know how I connect to the USB Wireless Adapter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast