Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [OFF TOPIC] Who are you Backtrack Users?

Hi, im chris - 20 from England

Im a full time civil enginnering student, got into pen testing a couple years ago, since then have taken a few java programming modules at uni which developed my intrest more in linux. Am currently try to learn how to develop my programs to interract with the net.

Just burned his ISO

really nvm.

Junior Member imported_painter13's Avatar

Hello to all, my name is Mark, 37 yrs. old... I am a self-employed custom painter just got interested in computers about a year ago. I ran across BT3 last month and decided to check it out so needless to say I'm so lost I can't find my a$$ with both hands, but I'm slowly picking it up... Currently running XP Pro and BT3 on a VMWare setup on an old Dell Latitude laptop I picked up for $100 bucks... This is my first post, but it will not be the last... Thanks to all the other newbies for asking the same dumb question I was planning on asking before me! You more experienced guys can be pretty brutal ,but funny. I mean that in the best of ways.... Thanks to all that take the time to post your knowledge and helping me along the way... I'm sure I'll be the first at asking a stupid question soon... Thanks again.

If it was easy... Everybody would be doing it...

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi everyone......old geezer alert!!!!!

Hey,

I'm tim, 44 years old never married no kids (that I know of). I'm in NC and am a forest fire equipment operator with the North Carolina Forest Service where I mostly do fire control at 2 bombing ranges (1 Air Force, 1 Navy) but, we do lots of other stuff too. Mostly all sorts of natural disasters and forest management.

Guess my main hobby is computers. Where I am we don't even have a stop light in the whole county and it sorta gives me a way to explore the world with out ever leaving home.

I'm the kind that just has to know how everything works. Just one of the reasons I like Back Track....so many tools, so much to learn. I'm into the hardware and the software/programming sides. Can't stand being bored and learning helps pass the time and, ya never know what the future holds. I'd like to one day to work my way more into the computer field.

I've had lots of different jobs... grew up on a farm, have done commercial fishing, construction, commercial refrigeration/household appliances, mechanic work, steam boiler repair..... All sorts of things. I like to think I know a little about a lot of different things. Being pretty much isolated my whole life, communication is one of my weakest points. Well that and just plain being hard headed. hehehehe

I run BT on my laptop.

toshiba satellite L355-s7812

But, the desktop is my main box.

Asus p5ad2 premimum
    3.4 Ghz (got the 3.8 today but, haven't installed yet)
    4 Gb ddr2 pc4200 ram
    8800 gt w/ 1 Gb ddr3 video card
    various int./ext. hard drives adding up to over a Tb of storage space.

Also got an extended cab f150 4x4 with the 5.4 that I've reprogrammed the computer in and installed a supercharger on.

Guess I've been cursed with the "what if......" bug and figure experience is the best teacher. One thing I used to heard a lot when I was growing up was "....if ya learn stuff the hard way you'll remember it longer"

Takes all kinds. At least we've got a wide variety here.
    take care.........

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGates View Post
    I'm takin my CCNA exam in about 2 weeks, workin on CEH, and CCSP....
    Umm, you are working on your CCSP but haven't taken your CCNA exam yet?!? Interesting...

JMC31337

Default Who Am I??

Justin, 27, PA, attempting a Chemistry-Biology Degree in college and if luck is willing, then stepping up into Toxicology. Also, trying to test out of Comp. Sci. within the next semester or two. In addition to, I'm a student pilot(going to finish after i grad), classical pianist, and I'm into all kinds of things. Yo hablo espanol muy bien. Que lindo la systema de Back|Track. I enjoy electronics. My computer programming skills are mediocre (modest Mongoose) and include but are not limited to: C, C++, C#, JAVA, Networking but, i'm starting to get into SQL Databases. I love reverse engineering programs (Lena151 Tutorials are awsome!!) w/ ASM. Passed Calculus and Criminal Justice 430 in a month, and Calculus 2 is helping me with slowly understanding computer cryptography coding, using limits and series. "El Fin"

Just burned his ISO

Default calnorak

My name is Matt, I go by calnorak.
    I was born in 81 I am married and have a son. I got into computers back in high school when i was forced to take a class. After I saw emulation (zsnes) I was hooked on computers ever since. I have little experience with Linux even though I tested the waters back in 98. XP took me in for awhile, I was introduced to BT2 in the US Air Force (not in an official capacity) and have been sucked back into Linux since then. I am currently in Washington USA getting by and trying to go back to college for Computer Science. I want to understand c++ so that I can really understand how linux works. I consider myself a noob so far but I am learning new things day by day. I have cracked my wep and am learning how to crack my wpa. I want to get an ASUS eee pc 1000HA, maybe after taxes

joseph , 30 , married for 2 years have 4 month old cute girl.i was ex marine corps return back home january 2007 . i hold a degree in biochemistry and iam about to recieve my B.S degree in networking .and iam also studying for CEH exam as well.
    i custom made my dual core machine with XP and backtrack ofcourse.
    sports : soccer
    hoppies : reading ,fishing , and my flashed xbox 360
    Knowledge is Power

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGates View Post
    Hi, I am Helmi, and I'm 16 years old(looks like i'm the youngest person introducing myself here; lol)
    I got into security around 3 years back, started with ubuntu and dove into BT2
    I'm takin my CCNA exam in about 2 weeks, workin on CEH, and CCSP, and have finished taking all the MCSE courses I just havent gotten around to taking the exams .
    HOPING to get into MIT as an electrical engeneering and computer science major.
    Current config:
    Toshiba Sattelite P205, booting Vista with BT3 in VMWare
    2 Desktop PC's assemebled myself running XP, 2K3, and 2K
    Acer Aspire lappy running XPSP2(forgot what ver)
    no offense brother but you cant take CEH unless u get a degree in computer scince with major in networking or programming of course with the MCSE and linux and to be able to write in at least 3 languages . do some research on CEH prerequistes and requirments before u spend your money in the future..
    Knowledge is Power

Just burned his ISO

Family: In a Relationship

Occupation: Part-Time Student and soon to be graduate in Computer Engineering
    Desperately looking for Systems Engineering Position

Location: Best Place for skim on the east cost. (Guess where it is!) *Hint: Old People*

Sub-occupation: I like to consider myself a pseudo-Van Wilder of my time. :-)
    "Theirs 3 types of ways of doing things. The Right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"But isn't that just the wrong way?"

"Yea, But FASTER!"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast