Thread: Trouble installing backtrack after it's loaded to usb drive...

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Trouble installing backtrack after it's loaded to usb drive...

Hereís the problem: Iím trying to boot backtrack 5 from my usb drive. The version of backtrack I am trying to boot is GNOME 64 bit. I used Unetbootin to load the backtrack Iso file onto the usb (4 gb is the size of usb), and reboot the computer. When I reboot the computer, Iím stuck, because when I open my usb, I donít know what to click on to make Backtrack my OS. So, basically, my question is: what do I do after I use unetbootin to extract the backtrack iso file to my usb??? Am I supposed to run a specific program that is located inside the files on my usb, or do I use another program to run the whole isb drive at once??

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Trouble installing backtrack after it's loaded to usb drive...

Quote Originally Posted by Jelani View Post
    Hereís the problem: Iím trying to boot backtrack 5 from my usb drive. The version of backtrack I am trying to boot is GNOME 64 bit. I used Unetbootin to load the backtrack Iso file onto the usb (4 gb is the size of usb), and reboot the computer. When I reboot the computer, Iím stuck, because when I open my usb, I donít know what to click on to make Backtrack my OS. So, basically, my question is: what do I do after I use unetbootin to extract the backtrack iso file to my usb??? Am I supposed to run a specific program that is located inside the files on my usb, or do I use another program to run the whole isb drive at once??
    r u booting right? did u pressed enter key to get in grub boot option?

it is the first option in menu - Live boot (something like that... I dont remember).

then when the system is loaded (when the terminal appears) u just type startx for grafic Interface... then choose Install Backtrack in desktop panel.

That's all folk!
    Good luck!