Thread: Airmon-ng problem with Belkin F7D2101 v1 USB Wireless Surf & Share Adapter

Just burned his ISO

Question Airmon-ng problem with Belkin F7D2101 v1 USB Wireless Surf & Share Adapter

Hello, I can't seem to get my Belkin F7D2101 v1 USB Wireless Adapter to show up in Airmon-ng. The fields are blank :/ I can get it to connect to the internet, by first typing "iwconfig" then noticing the adapter is under wlan1 (my internal WiFi card is wlan0). I then open up Wicd Network Manager->Went to Preferences->Then replaced wlan0 with wlan1 and it found networks and I connected... But I want to crack WEP and WPA Networks but I cant seem to have it show up in Airmon-ng.

Please someone help me! I'm desperate!
    Thanks in advance!!!
    -Nic

(P.S...My internal WiFi card connects to the internet but also wont show up in Airmon-ng...It does show up as wlan0....its a Intel WiFi Link 1000 Model 112BNHMW)

Please respond ASAP Thank you so much in advanced!

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Airmon-ng problem with Belkin F7D2101 v1 USB Wireless Surf & Share Adapter

I've got the same issue here.

wlan0 Atheros AR9285 athk9
    wlan1 Unknown

I tried to do an injection test to see if my internal card (wlan0) is capable of cracking wep's in case I didnt need to use this USB stick, and turns out it cant. So I need to figure out a way to get this BELKIN goin

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Airmon-ng problem with Belkin F7D2101 v1 USB Wireless Surf & Share Adapter

Are you using VMware?

Check the Aircrack website for compatibility with your card's chipset. I think you need to patch the kernel to get it to work.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

a similar problem, I can not run the monitor mode. Drivers stavil.Chipset rtl8192su. Please Help!

Just burned his ISO

I believe this came down to 32bit vs 64bit. I was wanting to use the 64bit version but i guess there was no drivers for the network adapter. When using the 32bit version all was ok.