Thread: wifi 101

Post wifi 101

Hello everyone,

I finally decided to go public with my script called wifi_101.sh

To grab to latest copy proceed to: wifi-101

Yes, I know WEP is dead......WPA is about to die, but till the IEEE comes up with something better, those two will always and forever be around...Nuff said on that.

There are a lot of different tools when it comes to wep/wpa cracking (both GUI and text-based); I've just never found any that have everything I want/how I want..... in one place..... So I made my own.

Eventually with the help of savioboyz, I will be incorporating every aspect of wifi_101.sh and my other script The Wireless Vaccum into an ultimate all in one tool. Due to the fact that so much blood, sweat, and tears has already been poured into Fern WiFi Cracker, I will not be creating an independent tool. Too many developers do that, and it takes away from other peoples work. Collaboration and teamwork is the key to a truly successful project. That being said, once I am confident that all the bugs have been worked out from both scripts of mine; I will submit them to savioboyz for approval and ....if.... he likes my ideas, integration into Fern.

For the mean time, please grab yourself a copy of my script, and help me to work the kinks out.

V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..
    I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass..
    Last edited by snafu777; 08-12-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Default wifi 101

wifi_101.sh version 1.1 is out!

I have to leave the minor number as odd because I do not currently possess a router to test it on; so it is still considered "in development" until I can put it through a series of my own tests.

Changes included in the new release are:
    Added GPL v3
    Added check to make sure user is root
    Added option to authenticate with hidden ESSIDS

Work towards a public release of The Wireless Vaccum has now begun

V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..
    I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. .

Just burned his ISO silentplayer's Avatar

Default Re: wifi 101

thats great! Good thought, making it GPL

Ladies/Gents,

It has come to my attention that posting here everytime a new version is released would be wrong of me. For those of you who happen to use the script I will be incorporating an option to that will allow the script to check for updates with a future release.

Nonetheless, much appreciated on all the positive feedback I have received so far. Thank you for taking the time and effort to give an old dog a new bone.

V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..
    I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. .

Evidently people did read this thread! Thank you for pointing to it ShadowMaster! http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45363

I thought I had updated this thread, but in reading it I was wrong:

I have deprecated wifi_101.sh in favor of a much more powerful script: quickset.sh

Please refer to QuickSet

It's a rockingly good script

Thanks again!!!
    V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]