Thread: BT5 Android Installation

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation BT5 Android Installation

Hey All,

I installed BT5 on my Motorola Atrix as per the BT5 Install APP on the Android market. All went well, and I am running BT5 on my Android quite nicely, however, a lot of features seem to be missing. When I try to to APT-GET Update and then apt-install aircrack-ng for example, it tells me that Aircrack cannot be installed because of a variety of missing dependencies. Such as OpenSSL etc.. I tried a variety of scripts to update the BT5 install with the missing parts but could not get anything to run well.

Can anyone tell me an easy way to get Aircrack and other wifi tools installed and whatever other components might be missing? And why are they missing?

Thanks,

XorCrack

Default Re: BT5 Android Installation

how exactly do you plan on putting your phone in monitor mode to use 3/4 of the tools in the aircrack suite? You may want to start by understanding what the aircrack-ng tools do and HOW they work..

Start here!

Just burned his ISO

how exactly do you plan on putting your phone in monitor mode to use 3/4 of the tools in the aircrack suite? You may want to start by understanding what the aircrack-ng tools do and HOW they work..
    with a usb wifi adapter hooked up to the phone?
    so his Q still stands

Ok, so my next question would be:

How exactly would you go about bringing up said wifi adapter in bt5 on an android phone?

Because I didn't realize the micro-usb ports on smartphones could run in master mode! I was under the impression they were slave only ports... Please do share if you found some legitimate (and working) method of using a wifi dongle with a cell phone!

The Atrix is a USB-OTG device, it can be a USB host, if you use a powered hub, and the proper usb adapter. Has anybody gotten a USB WiFi adapter working? Beats me, I've not see it yet. I have seen USB Ethernet adapters work though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69