Thread: BT5 Download

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default BT5 Download

I swear I posted this on the general stuff but after a few hours I didn't see it, so either it got deleted or the post never actually went through. Whenever I download BT5 it downloads fine, but the MD5 doesn't match up to what it should. I've tried the 32 bit gnome vmware version and ISO. when I try and load up the ISO it starts to boot but can't finish. I tried getting 2 different copies from torrent sites and they will boot and start installing, but one stops at 25% and the other 99%. I've downloaded the vmware version twice and the iso version 3 times from the BT site.

Anyone have any ideas? or a place I could download a slightly older version I could download and update once it installs correctly?

Thanks

Default Re: BT5 Download

1. Moderators/Administrators/Developers don't spend 24/7 on the forum to moderate it.
    2. Are you using a torrent or direct download ?
    3. Are you using our official mirrors ?
    4. The 99% during install is covered on the Wiki.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 Download

Quote Originally Posted by BattZ View Post
    I swear I posted this on the general stuff but after a few hours I didn't see it, so either it got deleted or the post never actually went through. Whenever I download BT5 it downloads fine, but the MD5 doesn't match up to what it should. I've tried the 32 bit gnome vmware version and ISO. when I try and load up the ISO it starts to boot but can't finish. I tried getting 2 different copies from torrent sites and they will boot and start installing, but one stops at 25% and the other 99%. I've downloaded the vmware version twice and the iso version 3 times from the BT site.

Anyone have any ideas? or a place I could download a slightly older version I could download and update once it installs correctly?

Thanks
    I had the same problem on my laptop dude, but then I used VituelBox to install 32-bit backtrack5 GNOME on it, it works fine!

BTW. If you choose this way, then nomatter what, download the 32-bit, also If your laptop is 64-bit. Vituelbox only runs 32-bit-