Thread: BT5 shuts off wireless in Win 7

Just burned his ISO

Default BT5 shuts off wireless in Win 7

Ok, I'm pretty new to Back Track so take it easy.

I bought a new Lenovo V570 w/ i5, 6gb ram, 640GB HDD, Intel Centrino wiMax 6150. I installed BT5 on a spare external hdd (320gb) so I could boot when I wanted without sucking up Hard drive space. When I run bt5, everything works fine. When I log out and boot windows, I can't get my wifi working for the life of me. I checked drivers, the system notices the hardware, but it says that the radio switch is off (even though it is most definitely switched to on). The only way to get the wifi running in windows again is to restore from an earlier restore point. It will work just fine until I run bt5 again, then the same issue pops up. I've checked Lenovo's site for updates (was a bios update, but I have the same problem after installing the update), I've googled, I've checked all over the wiki and the forums. Just can't seem to figure it out... I installed BT5 KDE 64-bit.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 shuts off wireless in Win 7

i had some similar results with graphic device and wlan (acer aspire with nvidiagraphics, using win7U64 /BT5 Gnome64). for me problems are gone, when i shut down and remove power (also battery) for a minute. think there are differences between the ways, the drivers/ OS are talking together.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 shuts off wireless in Win 7

I realize this is nearly a year late, and I hope I am still able to help you. I had a similar issue with my laptop recently. I too am also new to BackTrack and found a possible solution. Ideally a live boot in backtrack should not affect the wireless capabilities of the windows install. However after I rebooted the computer and removed the live cd I logged into windows to find that I could not find any wireless connections or any way to make it work. The wireless was on but windows thought it was not. It kept telling me "no network connections available". It was then I realized that I had left the wireless card in Monitor mode while I was on backtrack. Like I said normally this doesn't affect windows. I did a system rollback before it occurred to me that I had left my card in monitor mode. I tried again and after I was finished I ran the iwconfig wlan0 mode managed" command, and when I booted into windows everything worked just fine.

There are some other solutions that may help, let me know.