Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Mouse

I have the same problem, when I use my ShuttleX (just doesn't wanna see anything that is USB2 (keyboard or mouse)), Tho when I put the SAME keyboard and mouse, onto my laptop or other desktop its all fine!
    I have a M$ (it was a freebie!) keyboard and mouse (wired!)

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    I have the same problem, when I use my ShuttleX (just doesn't wanna see anything that is USB2 (keyboard or mouse)), Tho when I put the SAME keyboard and mouse, onto my laptop or other desktop its all fine!
    I have a M$ (it was a freebie!) keyboard and mouse (wired!)
    Strange, but good to hear others have the same problem...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Insert your USB mouse and then type lsusb. Report back the results.
    I kind of have a similar issue ( but not really ), I didn't know if I should start a new tread or just necro-post, so I'm doing the latter... If my comp is already booted up and I plug in my mouse ( Logitech Optical ) is doesn't work. When I type lsusb, i get ' Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000 '.

When it's off and I boot it with the mouse already plugged in, it works, but it's not very fluid. Meaning that it's very jumpy. I don't mind having to boot it with the mouse already plugged in, I just want to get it to run smooth.. Any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

Hello,
    I have the same problem my mouse is Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000.

Code:
    lsusb
    Bus 5 Device 1:  ID 0000:0000
    Bus 4 Device 3:  ID 045e:00e1  Microsoft Corp.
    Bus 3 Device 1:  ID 0000:0000
    Bus 2 Device 1:  ID 0000:0000
    Bus 1 Device 1:  ID 0000:0000
    In addition neither my 4GB LG USB stick nor 80GB USB drive works or get detected.

Seems Logitech work just fine, and some M$ mice have problems.

Logitech 150 Laser here, works just great, as does my M$ Basic Optical, but my M$ Sidewinder doesn't want to know, lsusb has no effect, just returns the command prompt.

Oh, this is on a HD installation.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InSanCen View Post
    Seems Logitech work just fine, and some M$ mice have problems.

Logitech 150 Laser here, works just great, as does my M$ Basic Optical, but my M$ Sidewinder doesn't want to know, lsusb has no effect, just returns the command prompt.

Oh, this is on a HD installation.
    DUH! It's because it's M1cr0s0ft Mouse! They hate linux! I'm suprised your laptop didn't self-detonate. Be afraid, be very afraid of the Windoze.

Just kidding, I have no idea. All my M$ mice work under the BT.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Microsoft and Logitech used to ship these with all their mice.
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/catalo...000-USB-PS2MS1

Though not optimal I'm sure, it might provide a solution. (I'm sure you can find them for $0.99 or less somewhere)
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Microsoft and Logitech used to ship these with all their mice.
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/catalo...000-USB-PS2MS1

Though not optimal I'm sure, it might provide a solution. (I'm sure you can find them for $0.99 or less somewhere)

Lol too bad you weren't around here. I have roughly about 1376 of those little things. They die too. When you start up your machine, and everything locks up during post, it's usually one of those lil bastards. I have seen it a hundred times. Not sure what's in them to mess up POST, but they do it.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

BTW, This mouse works perfect in Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) which means that this mouse works with Linux.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12