Thread: BT5 KDE 32bit starx error-screen blank-caps lock blinking

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation BT5 KDE 32bit starx error-screen blank-caps lock blinking

Hi All, I think someone would be able to help me with this ....I installed a 32bit KDE version of BT5 in my external hdd. The installation went fine, I booted up and I couldn't see the glassy red background during the loading of BT5 (where you see the quote at the bottom "the quieter you are the more you can hear")....Well after entering the root and toor and just before entering startx I typed these commands

Trial 1
    ----------

fix-splash
    rm /root/.kde/cache-root/icon-cac*he.kcache
    rm /root/.kde/cache-root/plasma_t*heme_Volatile.kcache
    rm /root/.kde/cache-bt/icon-cache*.kcache
    rm /root/.kde/cache-bt/plasma_the*me_Volatile.kcache
    rm -rf /tmp/vmware-root
    rm -rf /var/tmp/kdecache-root
    Startx

did not work...blank screen.....also after typing startx and hitting enter I would see a fatal post gre sql error message and then goes blank....while the time its blank, my laptop freezes and my caps lock blinks. Also wanted to let you know that the fix-splash command brought the glassy red( background while loading) back

Trial 2:
    ---------

I was trying to research a lot and see if I could find a solution. During this time, I booted my external hdd again and it did not get me into the login screen...so I reinstalled again.

After installation I tried these steps

1) cd /root/.kde/
    find . -type f -iname "*.kcache" -delete(which is the short way of removing the cache files)
    startx

did not work

2) X - configure
    mv /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    nano etc/X11/xorg.conf

here I wanted to look for the driver "vmware" and change it to "vesa"

but I couldn't find vmware in the xorg.conf file...

You know what I have installed 32bit GNOME version of BT5 as a virtual machine and it works like a charm. I was thinking its the vmware installation that usually gives problems and not the hdd installation. Well its the other way round for me ^^

This happened yesterday....

Well now, I tried choosing the recovery mode from the loader options, then I chose failsafeX and then I followed the onscreen steps and the last option was "Restart X". I checked that option and hit ok. It bought this error below( well I have seen this error everytime before my screen goes blank, when I used the normal boot option from the loader)

FATAL: bogus data in lock file "postmaster.pid": ""
    /opt/framework3/postgresql/scripts/ctl.sh : postgresql could not be started

and below this I had the prompt to enter the root and toor and then I finally typed startx. To my surprise it booted into the desktop. Man I was HAPPY! Then after a while I restarted, typed root and toor and then startx ...it blinked a second ..then the above error popped up and the screen went blank.

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: BT5 KDE 32bit starx error-screen blank-caps lock blinking

have you tryed to replace your xorg.conf with another work xorg.conf ? When i had similar problem i replace my xorg.conf file with xorg taken from gentoo.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 KDE 32bit starx error-screen blank-caps lock blinking

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT5 KDE 32bit starx error-screen blank-caps lock blinking

Looks like an error many people have with a dual-gpu system. If you got two (Nvidia Optimus for example) check if you can disable one in your BIOS settings.