Thread: When watching for packets to ARP replay, is it necessary that..

Just burned his ISO

Default When watching for packets to ARP replay, is it necessary that..

..The following flags are:

FromDS = 0
    ToDS = 1

I'm just wondering if these packets occur "Naturally" - I'm having a go at busting the WEP on an AP that has one connected client, and seemingly low activity.. I left aireplay going overnight, filtering for ARP packets that matched the above criteria (along with the other criteria of bssid = ap mac, source mac = client mac, dest mac = ffff...) and not one packet in 2.5 million fitted the criteria.. I'm just wondering if I got the criteria wrong, because a packet that is:

FromDS = 1
    ToDS = 0
    BSSID = AP MAC
    SourceMAC = client MAC
    DestMAC = ffff....

Happens along every ten seconds or so..

I so far havent succeeded in carrying out a deauth, and I think it may be because I'm using an Intel Centrino 2915/2200 card.. Aireplay says these cards cannot be used for deauth attacks..

So.. if I leave the laptop watching and waiting, will the packet that I want happen along at some point in time?

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by cjard View Post
    ..The following flags are:

FromDS = 0
    ToDS = 1

I'm just wondering if these packets occur "Naturally" - I'm having a go at busting the WEP on an AP that has one connected client, and seemingly low activity.. I left aireplay going overnight, filtering for ARP packets that matched the above criteria (along with the other criteria of bssid = ap mac, source mac = client mac, dest mac = ffff...) and not one packet in 2.5 million fitted the criteria.. I'm just wondering if I got the criteria wrong, because a packet that is:

FromDS = 1
    ToDS = 0
    BSSID = AP MAC
    SourceMAC = client MAC
    DestMAC = ffff....

Happens along every ten seconds or so..

I so far havent succeeded in carrying out a deauth, and I think it may be because I'm using an Intel Centrino 2915/2200 card.. Aireplay says these cards cannot be used for deauth attacks..

So.. if I leave the laptop watching and waiting, will the packet that I want happen along at some point in time?

Tia

I may not understand what you are saying, but did you say that Aireplay says that your card cannot be used for a deautho attack, and you're trying to do a deauth attack? Did they mean you cannot inject with that card? If that's the case, how do you expect to do a replay? Hmm...