Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Python script to update/add tools to BT5

Default Re: Python script to update/add tools to BT5

Quote Originally Posted by maxfx View Post
    Wireshark correct me if I wrong because I didnt test it just took a look at the code you provide, what happens if i put bt5up -u as a cron job for automated update?
    It looks like it will fail because of this:
    Code:
    def wireshark():
        wr=raw_input("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m Wireshark takes time to compile do you wish to wait [y/N]:")
        if(wr=="y"):
    Every time the function is called the user has to put y/n .
    You are totally right. My programming skills are somewhat limited, as I'm still learning. I should have tested it first. So I changed the script again, now wireshark(), main() and menu_other() are like they were and I just added the "wr=raw_input" part to the automated() function for the -u option. All works fine now.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at the code and trying to make it better I really appreciate that.
    No problem! I'm having fun doing this, and it makes me feel like I'm contributing with something to the community. Besides that, studying your script is making me learn more stuff about python, which is one of the languages that attracts me.

Snayler good to know that your learning from the script, I tried to make as simple as possible for anyone to edited it.
    You have changed it but sorry you still cant run it without user input, if you want wireshark to be optional for the user in the automated update I would suggest 2 ways:

1) Just leave it like: #wireshark() if the user wants to update wireshark just remove the comment (this is how it is now)
    2) Add a new argument. ex: "bt5up -u wireshark" that way it will update everything including the wireshark, if wireshark is not added then it will update everything except the wireshark

Hope it helped you.

Btw I started working on the new version and it looks good so far, added more additional tools, fixed some minor bugs, added new feature...
    Maybe tomorrow it will be release, so if any of you want to see some new tools or anyother stuff there please let me know.

Cheers

Just burned his ISO

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but the update aircrack section seems to be missing make and make install:
    if(os.system("cd /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/ && svn up") == 0):
    os.system("cd /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/scripts/ && chmod a+x airodump-ng-oui-update && ./airodump-ng-oui-update")

After svn up there should be a make and make install before the airodump-ng-oui-update

Ok, I get it. It should be fully automated because if I wanted to schedule a "bt5up -u" command to run on a daily basis, I wouldn't need it to ask me every time if I wanted it to install wireshark or not.
    1) Just leave it like: #wireshark() if the user wants to update wireshark just remove the comment (this is how it is now)
    2) Add a new argument. ex: "bt5up -u wireshark" that way it will update everything including the wireshark, if wireshark is not added then it will update everything except the wireshark
    I think the second choice would seem better, because if someone wants to keep wireshark uncommented, that person will have to re-edit the script each time the script updates itself.
    Btw I started working on the new version and it looks good so far, added more additional tools, fixed some minor bugs, added new feature...
    Maybe tomorrow it will be release, so if any of you want to see some new tools or anyother stuff there please let me know.
    Nice! Really looking forward to take a look into it.
    I would like if you included a option to install airdrop-ng and polylorcon. The install script (/pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/scripts/airdrop-ng/) is in python, IIRC, so it should be relatively easy to include. It asks for user input, though.
    Also, add an option to make wicd/wicd-client autostart with BT/startx, and an option to fix the pulseaudio problem. These are the things I always have to do after I install a new copy of BT5.
    For last, an option to download and install reaver-wps would be nice.
    Cheers!

V.: 1.2 is out

Changelog:

Code:
    V.:1.2
    - Removed: FeedingBottle
    - Added:   Fern-Wifi-Cracker to Additional Tools
    - Added:   DIRB - URL Bruteforcer to Additional Tools
    - Added:   Patator Bruteforcer to Additional Tools
    - Fixed:   Menu bug and typos
    - Added:   Tracking log for failed install/update (/root/bt5up.log)
    - Changed: The way to check latest version, know its much faster to navigate the menus
    - Added:   Fix to pulseaudio
    - Added:   AutoStart Wicd
    - Added:   Nmap OS FingerPrints
    - Added:   New argument for WireShark update
    To see all the tools and how to install: bt5up
    Hope you enjoy the new changes.
    Once again tkx for the feedback.

Nice features in this new release.

There are some things that I think would need some fixing:

1: This is a sugestion, why not rename "aircrack and airdrop" to "aircrack suite"?

2: This is something I discovered a while ago, issuing a svn up in /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng will only update the source files. For the update to be really effective on the system, you'll have to issue "make" and "make install" if you want to update the binaries in /usr/local/sbin.

3: Airdrop also needs to be installed in order to be accessible from anywhere. I believe you could use the install script to see what steps it takes and make your script do that same steps (because the install script asks for user prompt). Maybe put airdrop installation as optional, since aireplay can also deauthenticate wireless clients.
    Last edited by Snayler; 01-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Thkx

1) Yes it could be change to aircrack suite it makes sense.
    2) Your totally right about that, just tested it i tough you didnt need to recompile, my bad.
    3) Well i think you dont have to recompile, if you want to be able to execute airdrop all you need to do is create a symlink:
    Code:
    ln -s /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/scripts/airdrop-ng/airdrop-ng /usr/bin/airdrop-ng
    Thanks for the tips.
    Cheers

3) Well i think you dont have to recompile, if you want to be able to execute airdrop all you need to do is create a symlink:
    Code:
    ln -s /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/scripts/airdrop-ng/airdrop-ng /usr/bin/airdrop-ng
    Yes, that makes more sense, no need to install each time the tool is updated. Thanks for the tip!

V.: 1.3 is out

Changelog

Code:
    - Fixed: aircrack-ng 
    - Fixed: Additional Tools install all

V.: 1.4 is out and ready for R2

ChangeLog:

Code:
    V.:1.4
    - Removed: SSLstrip (Latest version already in R2)
    - Removed: Patator Bruteforcer (included in R2)
    - Removed: Dirb (included in R2)
    - Removed: Pyrit (included in R2)
    - Removed: aptfast (Server is down)
    - Removed: FlashPlayer 64Bits
    - Added: JoomScan Update
    - Added: WPScan Update
    - Fixed: Metasploit Update (New Path)
    - Fixed: Nikto update
    - Fixed: Broken warvox
    - Fixed: aircrack-ng
    - Moved: HexorBase to WEB & DATABASE
    For those who use it the update its the same, just use option 7 from the main menu.
    For the new users just go to http://bl4ck5w4n.tk/?p=44 and follow the steps.

Note: If you are still using R1 don't update the script

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast