Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Python script to update/add tools to BT5

Default Re: Python script to update/add tools to BT5

Can't you post the code in this thread?

Default Riferimento: Re: Python script to update/add tools to BT5

Why dont you download and see the code?
    Its better since sometimes I realease a new update and the code will no longer be "valid"

I just thought, since the source website was down, it would be nice to have access to the latest code, so that people can keep using the tool. It was only a temporary solution. But since the site is up again, there's no need for that now.

Ahh ok tkx mate
    But like i said everything is fine.

Cheers

I'm testing your tool, and it seems nice. At least I don't have to svn up all those folders again!
    Just a small error I found (line 537):
    print("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m 1. Aircrack-ng and Airdrop.")
    print("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m 2. WarVox.")
    print("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m 3. Giskismet.")
    print("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m 5. Update all.")
    print("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m 6. Back.")
    Numbers are wrong, pressing 5 will make you go back on the menu. "Update all" should be number 4.

EDIT: Using the "Update all" function under "Web & Database" section will not update Fimap.
    Last edited by Snayler; 01-05-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: new bug

thank u very much for your feedback that's the only way to make this script better.
    I dont have the time right know but I hope to lunch the 1.2 V. soon with some bug fixes and new tools.
    Maybe Jan 15 there will be a new version. (hope so :P )

hi maxfx,

i didn't think the wireshark update would be so painfully long when i originally requested it to be added. but it does work perfectly without the lua issue now. its nice you set it as an optional function of the script. "Now for the painful part" is pretty accurate.

would you consider adding an ubertooth configuration script in the optionals menu? it shouldn't be very difficult to code.
    Maybe some other things you could pretty easily add are installation of Saviors FernCrack and also GPSdrive.

anyway, thanks again for a really useful tool sir

Just used the script again today on a new install of BT5, and found another small bug. In the "Others" section, choosing "update all" will not update sslstrip. Should be fairly simple to fix.

Feedingbottle's link is dead, it should be replaced.

-------EDIT------

Ok, so I edited my script, fixing all those glitches I mentioned. Updated the entries in each menu [menu_other() and menu_web_db()] and also added sslstrip() and fimap() to the option 6 ("Update all") of main() and to the -u option under automated().

I also took the liberty to correct the English on the wireshark() function (from "Wireshark failed installed!" to "Wireshark failed to install!") and added to that same function the line informing that wireshark will take some time to compile and asking if we want to proceed. I added that line to the fuction itself so that I could include wireshark() in the -u option under automated() function. I also deleted that line from the 6th option of main(), otherwise, case I wanted to install wireshark, it would ask me twice. Haven't tested these changes, though... I'll try in a new VM if I have time.

As for the feedingbottle link, I kept it as it was since I can't find another link.

I posted the edited script on pastebin so that you can see what changed and, if you want, use it for your next release. I hope you won't mind. Here it is: pastebin.
    Last edited by Snayler; 01-17-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks I dont mind at all :P

So I didnt put sslstrip by default because that was an option for those who wanted because in the beginning of R1 there were a lot of complains with sslstrip that was the only reason I made it optional and not force then to update.
    Wireshark correct me if I wrong because I didnt test it just took a look at the code you provide, what happens if i put bt5up -u as a cron job for automated update?

It looks like it will fail because of this:

Code:
    def wireshark():
        wr=raw_input("\033[1;31m [>]\033[1;m Wireshark takes time to compile do you wish to wait [y/N]:")
        if(wr=="y"):
    Every time the function is called the user has to put y/n .

There will be a new release soon (I hope... :P ) I already have a list of tools to put in there, new features, and I will correct the bugs that you and other people had report.
    Thanks again for taking the time to look at the code and trying to make it better I really appreciate that.

Hi there clone, yes wireshark is painfully long but you requested and there it is lol.
    Has for ubertooth sadly I dont have one to test it out but the other tools I will see...

Thanks for your support.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast