manythanks!i'm testing work fine!
Bt5up is a script coded in Python that was rewritten form Sickness original version coded in C.
Version 0.5 is out see the changelog int the script to read the fixes and addons.
Changes that I made:
- Rewritten the code of sickness in Python
- Added a option to download sickness script (C version)
- Added a control version, where you can see if you are using the latest version of bt5up
- When you update the bt5up you dont need to restart the script, it will autoload
- Added Axel & apt-fast to make the upgrade fastter
- Added FeedBack for GMail accounts only, where you can send some feedback without leaving bt5up
- Bug & Fixes of BT5
- Arguments for automated updates using cron or how you choose to use it
Check it out and give some feedback
Hope you enjoy it!
Sorry guy about the delay, but the previous domain was blocked.
The good news is that a new version of bt5up is out 1.7 check it out http://bl4ck5w4n.blogspot.com/2013/05/script-to-update-backtrack5-v-16.html
PS: You can't update from 1.6 to 1.7 using the script
Last edited by maxfx; 05-30-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: New Version update
manythanks!i'm testing work fine!
Feel free to report any bug you may find
Version 0.5 is out!
Fixed some bugs, and everything should run smoothly.
New features, you can use arguments for automated updates or use cron with bt5up -u and it will autoupdate your system.
Added some other tools.
Check it out
Version 0.6 is out!
Added autofix to init.lua in Wireshark
and corrected some spelling
Last edited by balding_parrot; 11-27-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Verison 0.7 is out
This new version has some changes in the Metasploit to be able to update in BT5 R1, and added a new option that allows you to migrate from BackTrack 5 to BackTrack 5 R1 (32Bits).
Soon i'll be adding to tools and new features.
PS: Feel free to request tools or updates that you would like to see in the script.
Good Job maxfx! Good Job !!!
Much Respect For You maxfx..
Keep it work Dude
Thx aaralynatikah really appreciate the support.
Version 0.8 is out:
As promised this version has some major changes.
- Rewrote some of the code
- Added: New Additional Tools menu
- Added: Install & Register Nessus
- Moved: BottleFeeding to Additional Tools
- Moved: Axel & Apt-Fast to Additional Tools
- Changed: Fix BT5 Bugs to Fix BT5 Bugs/Customize BT5
- Added: Edit motd in Fix BT5 Bugs/Customize BT5
- Added: HexorBase to Additional Tools
- Added: SSLStrip update to Other menu
- Fixed: Fimap now updates directly from svn
If you have it already you can updated normally by using the menu in the script.Code:wget http://bl4ck5w4n.tk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bt5up.tar tar -xvf bt5up.tar python bt5up.py
You can copy the bt5up.py to /bin/ to make it easy to use it:
Hope you enjoyCode:cp bt5up.py /bin/bt5up chmod +x /bin/bt5up bt5up
Last edited by balding_parrot; 11-27-2011 at 04:59 AM.
I've tried 0.8 version, and try to migrate to BT5R1 with this script. but after everything is complete n reboot, the kernel version is not 22.214.171.124 .. it's still 2.6.38.. why ?? any suggestion ??
Last edited by balding_parrot; 11-27-2011 at 05:00 AM.
the problem that u5h4nt had has been fixed by email.
He had some problems but it worked after running the script again.
Version 0.9 is out:
Fixed SslStrip update
Add new visual
Last edited by balding_parrot; 11-27-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Very nice. Any chance at adding flash to it? I noticed on R1 that flash doesn't work in x64 versions out of the box.