Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're a Linux noob, read this thread

Just burned his ISO

Hi Im DeafGuy nice to meet each and every one of u. seems BP, Exploitz, and several others posts that ive read under the tutorials "moved" section are very good people im sorry for what yall went thru with that u know who...anyway theres no way id turn out like him either i got too good a heart for that kinda stuff

Just burned his ISO

hi the pro nice to meet u. and yes i agree with u when it comes to noobs trying to use blacktrack 2 without prior experience with linux...ive had some experience with slackware n debian mostly i like both but really i like debian best. mainly because better support for my atheros wifi drivers.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi, I am Didi and I am new for linux and blacktrack 2

I hope to get a Linux user foro the next months.

Just burned his ISO

Looks good.

Just burned his ISO

hi there.
    i just joined your community.
    i usually dont use forums et simila, but since i started using bt2 i faced some problems i could not get rid of just looking over the internet.
    hopefully here ill find skilled people to help me out when needed.
    zombieD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Protocol View Post
    another good site for command reference is www[dot]ss64[dot]com/bash/

~Mr-Protocol
    cool i have read it thanks man
    Th4n|<$ B3 4
    Kurt_Kabayan
    noobies backtrack community :D

Just burned his ISO

Default Linux n00b...great starting point...thus the name:)

I have been helped out so much by this forum. I installed BT2 on my notebook thanks to the guides(as well as others mistakes). After that, I was able to tweak my distro to get some really cool stuff. Then I installed VMWare Server...great how to from the balding parrot. I had a few difficulties, but I was able to find all the answers I needed right here in the forum! I am also very thankful for the links/books listed in this thread...balding_parrot/freemymind/shamanvirtuel/Crazi...great stuff.
    After seeing some of the troubles other first time linux users are having here, I think that this thread will answer all their questions.<<insert optimism, or laughter>>.
    Thanks for all your patience; I know how much effort it requires

Just burned his ISO

Hi all
    Thought I would hav a nosy at linux and landed here, am no genius but hope to get enough under my belt to be able to have a good go.

tiler

Just burned his ISO

Default thank you!

this helped me a lot

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Slackware Linux Basics (hxxp://www[DOT]slackbasics[DOT]org/html/slackware-basics.html) is a good overview to start with.
    Unfortunately that link returns a 404 error; looks like they moved it to hxxp://www[DOT]slackbasics[DOT]org/html/ .

You can also get downloadable versions at the root page (hxxp://www[DOT]slackbasics[DOT]org/). Handy for stuffing on a thumbdrive for referencing when needed.

--Stryfe

P.S. - Sorry about the [DOT]s, still under 15 posts, so no URL-linking goodness for me.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast