Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're a Linux noob, read this thread

I'm only two weeks into Linux and I haven't really tried BackTrack yet, but these books and online video courses have proved very useful to me.

Google Virtual Learning Center, sign up for 25$ a month and watch the following courses.

VTC - Linux for Beginners
    VTC - Linux Advanced Institute Level 1
    VTC - Linux Advanced Institute Level 2

VTC - TCP/IP Packet Analysis for some relatively basic info on how networks and internet work.

Just burned his ISO

Default Linux For Noobs

Looks like I came to the right place for noob help.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Just burned his ISO

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to Linux Ubuntu and looking to become proficient with it. BT has been suggested by some friends so I wanted to look into it a bit. I have it downloaded but haven't gotten the USB thing up and running yet. Anyway, just saying hello.

Just burned his ISO

Hey dudes and duderinas !

I am also relatively new to Bakctrack so, please, bear with me if I have some questions. I've downloaded Backtrack3 and will be working with it for a while until I know more to come to terms with the 4 version.

Cheers mates !

Just burned his ISO

Can't wait to get this new ASUS1000HE up and running with the wireless network card. Been running slackware for quite some time now, some of the tools in backtrack are familiar, just never ran the particular distro, should be interesting. Good to be here.

Just burned his ISO

Talking hi!

Hey! This is my first post here, hopefully the first of many. I would like to use it to drool over your forthcoming 1000HE I should have one soon too. I just found this place looking for info on PROPER homebrew WISP and it seems familiar somehow... I've been playing with linux for 10ish years and now it dominates my home systems to the point where I feel dirty booting vista or xp and will fight it at all cost. Anyway looking forward to interesting discussions and the noob-hazings (and by noob I mean me) they incur.

Also, if you really want to give google all your money that's your business but from what I read they don't really need the extra scratch. I recommend academicearth.org for your learning needs and since I can't post the direct url due to my aforementioned noob-status keep your eye out for 'Operating Systems and System Programming' by John Kubiatowicz from Berkeley if you want to know how babies are made

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy rinbow tables

i got a problem with rtgen,rcrack,rsort they are instaled by defaults on backtrack4 but they dont work whene i test rtgen give me a error [ bash: rtgen: command not found].sorry ef its a stupid question but im newbi:confused

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrem View Post
    i got a problem with rtgen,rcrack,rsort they are instaled by defaults on backtrack4 but they dont work whene i test rtgen give me a error [ bash: rtgen: command not found].sorry ef its a stupid question but im newbi:confused
    What does this have to do with the thread that you posted in?
    See here for the answer.
    EDIT: Also Please try to form complete sentences using proper English. You will be taken more seriously and may even receive better help. Your posts make it look as though your are 5.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

good advice theprez98...i'm confused when i tried to use BT 3 VMware image to crack WEP. it's good idea to learn how to use slackware..btw, the link you give above is not working..replace it with the working one...
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    It is important to recognize that while the basics of most Linux flavors are the same, there are some unique differences. So your first lesson is learning that BT2 is based upon Slax, which is based upon Slackware. The more you learn about Slackware Linux, the better you'll be able to manipulate BT2 to do what you want it to do. Slackware Linux Basics is a good overview to start with.
    hmmm time for an update?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast