Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're a Linux noob, read this thread

Just burned his ISO

Default Linux for Dummies ebook link in first post dead now....pity

I'm a new sign-up today. Recommended to here by a friend who's teaching me programming. At 49 I'm too old to be a skiddie, and he has mandated that I must join this community for a proper grounding in Linux and BT.

I'm looking forward to it,

dancingphil
    Australian living in China last 2 + years

Just burned his ISO

Hi every1.This is my intro. My 1st. contact with linux was with bt2. It raised my curiosity to the most, and I was trapped. Thanks to bt, I am now using kubuntu as my os. Now that bt has come Deb. I know where I'm going.

Just burned his ISO

Default me

hey
    this is my first post, i have used many systems in my life time (not that i have much) but anyway, i was a windows user for the majority of my life, with the od *nix systems there and then

but i'm a mac user now, but still use windows every now and then (for my college course). i have been interested in computer security for a number of years and have recently achieved a distrinction on a computer security course i have just complete (only contained the basics, port scanning, different kinds of spoofing, mitm etc), however this didn't quite go in depth enough for me, but it was good learning all about the TCP/IP suite and the OSI 7 Layer Model (boring as hell that) but i'm looking to advance my knowledge in computer security, during this time, i was also doing a programming course (VB) and loved that (made a few games etc) but not really what i'd like to do in my career

anyway, i have done things in the past i am no proud of like most people (destructive files etc) but anyway, i am hoping to go into computer security when i finish my course this may and in the long run, pass the ethical hacker course hosted by the eccouncil in a few years time

Just burned his ISO

Greetings all. I am pleased to now be a part of the BT community and hope to learn a lot from such a large base of knowledgable folks. I am about as green as they come with regards to Linux and BT so you patience will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mike

Just burned his ISO

Default hi

hey guys i've been lurking around the site for about two days and just decided to make an account. I just downloaded BT3 and BT4 beta. Main reason for coming here was just to learn for about bt

Just burned his ISO

hey i am kind new to backtrack but not so new to linux since backtrack 3 beta,bt one of the best distros i have seen,keep the good work :P

Just burned his ISO

hey guys i've been lurking around the site for about two days and just decided to make an account. I just downloaded BT3 and BT4 beta. Main reason for coming here was just to learn for about bt
    thnx

Just burned his ISO

Wink Just another bleeding soul

Well hello eveyone glad to be a part altho' a very small part of this wonderful community,am looking forward to learning as much as this brain of mine will allow,in which case it might take a while.I'm as clueless as the serpent of wisdom see you all back at the begining.

Skill takes a long and difficult path to reach its destination,cunning takes an underground passage.

Exclamation Spamming to increase post count

Quote Originally Posted by loongas View Post
    thnx
    Do not spam the boards in an effort to increase your post count.

Your many other pointless posts have been deleted and posting privileges suspended.

This will, in future, be treated as any other kind of spam and will attract a permanent ban.

Hopefully, other new members will also bear this in mind!?

Just burned his ISO

Hi.
    I am kind new to backtrack but not so new to linux since backtrack 3 beta,bt one of the best bistros!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast