Thread: Ghost in the machine

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Ghost in the machine

i have some weird problem

i have BT5-Gnome-64 installed on a little netbook working perfect.
    except when i go to sleep at night and leave the netbook on and yes this is realy true no jokes.

when i wake up i go and look at the netbook and it tryed to change my background about 25 times and opened firefox 2 times.
    and it moved gerix-wifi-cracker that was open to the second screen instead of the first and it closed my airmon-ng that was open to sniff for WEP packets.

now is my question how is this possible??? and how can i solve it?

i have noticed it 2 times now at night but not over the day and i have a camera in my room no one touched the netbook at that night not me and no one else.

the netbook has the standard BT5-Gnome-64 version installed
    and has the following specs.

Intel N470
    2 GB Memory
    64GB SSD
    no battery installed
    only working on adapter

hope anyone can help me thanks in advanced

Unhappy Re: Ghost in the machine

I want to poke fun and make all kind of corny jokes; but...I won't

On a serious side, did you change your root password yet? If not, I'd assess you've been pwned and should immediately zero out the harddrive and reinstall fresh.

V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..
    I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass..

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Ghost in the machine

no i have not changed the root password i should have done that the fisrt time but i,am sure there was no wired or wireless network or internet connection at the time.
    but would that make any sense? even so yes i also thought it was kinda funny the first time but right now i have seen it two times
    i will try to change the root pass and come back at it

thanks for the response

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Ghost in the machine

Someone pwned me and ruined my entire life heh...crack a joke at that... almost died and tryed to murder me made me wreck a perfectly good car and got me tossed in jail i dare you to crack a joke at that...and....i dont even know why..