Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: wireless connection internet failed in dhcp

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default wireless connection internet failed in dhcp

    hi every one

    please i have the following proplem
    at first i have wlan dlink dwl-g550 pci and i use backtrack finall

    my proplem is

    when i tried to connect in internet if there is a wep enecrption only the connection success but when there is a firewall like mikrotik the connection failed
    i tried to do the follwong instruction modprobe ath_pci and iwconfig but
    also failed when i connect in windows xp the connection successful please help

    with thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tgh12 View Post
    hi every one

    please i have the following proplem
    at first i have wlan dlink dwl-g550 pci and i use backtrack finall

    my proplem is

    when i tried to connect in internet if there is a wep enecrption only the connection success but when there is a firewall like mikrotik the connection failed
    i tried to do the follwong instruction modprobe ath_pci and iwconfig but
    also failed when i connect in windows xp the connection successful please help

    with thanks
    Please avoid the use of alternate colors and sizes...we can read your post without it, although I'm not sure I understand it.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    130

    Default

    He can connect only when the firewall is off.... I'm just not sure where/what device is running the firewall.

  4. #4
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tgh12 View Post
    hi every one

    please i have the following proplem
    at first i have wlan dlink dwl-g550 pci and i use backtrack finall

    my proplem is

    when i tried to connect in internet if there is a wep enecrption only the connection success but when there is a firewall like mikrotik the connection failed
    i tried to do the follwong instruction modprobe ath_pci and iwconfig but
    also failed when i connect in windows xp the connection successful please help

    with thanks
    Who owns the AP? Who is running Miktotik?

    The quality of the answers you get are directly proportional to the quality of the information you provide. In other words, crap in=crap out.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  5. #5
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Who owns the AP? Who is running Miktotik?

    The quality of the answers you get are directly proportional to the quality of the information you provide. In other words, crap in=crap out.
    could not have said it better myself. We dont have osmosis or ESP people. If I did I would know If any one was hacking me and would have no need for pen testing software

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default

    iam client on network but as iam say when the owner of network put the firewall i cant connect even login page doesnot appear in backtrack final while
    in windows xp i can connect easily please help

  7. #7
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tgh12 View Post
    iam client on network but as iam say when the owner of network put the firewall i cant connect even login page doesnot appear in backtrack final while
    in windows xp i can connect easily please help
    I would be happy to help but you are not giving me a whole lot of info to work with. did you try to set your own IP address. try dhcpcd {your interface here}. also by default there is no real start page for backtrack. Its sort of deciving because its blank maby just try to connect to somthing on the quick launch bar. I dont know. I realize english is obviously not your native language. try posting your nationality with your question then maby you could get a response from some one who speaks your language. anyway More info is needed

  8. #8
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tgh12 View Post
    iam client on network but as iam say when the owner of network put the firewall i cant connect even login page doesnot appear in backtrack final while
    in windows xp i can connect easily please help
    To me it sounds like that this is not his network as he says he is a client on it and since the network admin put a firewall on it he can only connect using Xp and not BT anymore.

    I would prefer to clarify the situation before saying anything else.

    Sorry if I have got the wrong end of the stick here.

    But personally I would procede with caution.

  9. #9
    Senior Member shamanvirtuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    "when the owner of network"

    nothing to say..........he's not the owner..........we can't do anything for him.......

    again..........we are not a hacking school.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

    BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

  10. #10
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Glad it's not just me that saw it that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •